Nintendo Wii Online Shop Hacked!

CaliforniaBeachUSA

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
Some interesting videos I found on youtube:

YouTube - Wii Hack (Streaming Roms from PC to WII)
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_QvXYevIXDw[/MEDIA]

YouTube - Wii Opera Browser Hack! FIRST WII HACK
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=oIadF4A2ycc[/MEDIA]

Eh what do y'all think? And by the way, why doesn't Nintendo focus on a MOZILLA browser since it's the most popular?

Ahh whatever, some nerds loading a non working Google onto the Wii. Yippy! If anything we should be rallying Nintendo to get the online **** going rather than worrying about some ultra dorks that are hacking a Wii.

csiguy4u said:
When they hack the Wii to actually do something usefull, then I'll be impressed.

Hahhaha. Exactly. Try hacking it to do something it doesn't already or isn't going to soon.

honestly, lol, my opinion on this changed as i started typing,. after seeing that post ^ the one before mine..

at first i was gunna post, these are just guys hacking for the sake of saying hey check this out i hacked the wii FIRST.. but the second one is pretty cool actually, but unpractical..cuz not everyone has ya know, a spare server that they can use..but still..

like the preceding post said, it is a step in a cool direction..
however, i would never hack anything on my own wii..see for some reason whenever i like do anything on a game system or anything for that matter thats like messing with it, it just doesnt feel like the same system/game anymore... like when i would mess around with gameshark on the old pokemon games..afterwards it just felt weird..lol sounds extremely corny, but i dont know how to explain it really..

so just like forget the last paragraph

If it becomes a problem, Nintendo will just force an update onto everyone to stop the Hack working. e.g. "You must update your firmware to the latest verion to gain access to the Virtual Console".

Nintendo has already stated why they chose the Opera Browser over others. I don't know the details off the top of my head, but I do know that Opera was easier to modify to different platforms (it's used in a lot of cell phones). Nintendo made sense when they explained why they chose Opera, that's all I'm trying to get at here. :)

To make your wii shop channel view pages you arent HACKING anything on the wii, with the exception that instead of putting your router as the dns you are instead putting in the pc with the server running on it as the DNS so theres nothing that could get messed up on the Wii its self.

cnmsales said:
To make your wii shop channel view pages you arent HACKING anything on the wii, with the exception that instead of putting your router as the dns you are instead putting in the pc with the server running on it as the DNS so theres nothing that could get messed up on the Wii its self.

But man, you gotta run the server off of your PC anyway... kind of defeats the purpose of browsing in your Wii in the first place. Just browse the net on your computer until the browser is released.

cnmsales said:
Doesnt defeat the purpose of watching youtube vids and etc on your tv.

Yes, watching the UNresizable, crap quality, Youtube videos on my TV is wonderful. Man, I wish I would have thought of that.

Back