Nintendo Wii Online Shop Hacked!

Flip said:
Except, that still doesn't explain why it says it's downloading a "Hacked Version of Legend of Zelda", does it? The only way that it would, is if they were able to modify the file itself, which means, yes they were hacking.
Or they were faking it...
They did not modify it or anything.
You know how people make games like world of warcraft and stuff, well they made one but they made it say " Downloading a Hacked version of Legend Of Zelda" and made the error come up, it never show'd them use the wiimote.
:ee5k:

Flip said:
I'm pretty sure that when they're downloading that Legend of Zelda, they're actually getting it from their own DNS, much like the way they use their DNS to access the net with the shop channel. That would mean that they could name the file whatever they like, so that when the Wii starts to download it, it shows as "A Hacked Version Of Legend Of Zelda". Is that not a reasonable assumption?

Except, that still doesn't explain why it says it's downloading a "Hacked Version of Legend of Zelda", does it? The only way that it would, is if they were able to modify the file itself, which means, yes they were hacking.

And why is everyone being so harsh towards the people that did this? It wasn't long ago that everyone was commenting that it wouldn't be long until it was hacked so that we can use our own roms, and everyone was expecting it. Now we can, and nobody likes the idea anymore?

Rather than trying to discount what they've done, why not just say "That's cool, but I'd rather not hack my Wii."

Oh well, cool videos. Looks like the Wii hacking is coming along quickly. Won't be long before we have even more and faster ways of doing these things.

Cheers
Flip

they could have edited the video, it's pretty easy to do it

wiicanchangetheworld said:
Or they were faking it...
They did not modify it or anything.
You know how people make games like world of warcraft and stuff, well they made one but they made it say " Downloading a Hacked version of Legend Of Zelda" and made the error come up, it never show'd them use the wiimote.
:ee5k:

So they completely faked the entire Wii interface? You can't just edit the text when the video was filmed with a camera, recording the TV screen. In the video, they even say that the file is being hosted on their computer via a DNS server.

How is that so hard to believe?

It makes more sense than saying that they recreated the entirety of the Wii interface and menu system, or that they simply edited the text on the screen.

Watch the video.

the wii opera thing isnt hacking really. you just download this program to change your dns code and put it to the ip of google or something..i tried it but then quit it becuase i was afraid i wouldnt be able to get the shop channel back

Flip said:
In the video, they even say that the file is being hosted on their computer via a DNS server.
I am not saying its impossible, Im just saying unlikely.
And if I told you if I was Bill Gates, would you believe me??
DNS= Domain Name Service or instantly changing your ip ??

Flip said:
So they completely faked the entire Wii interface? You can't just edit the text when the video was filmed with a camera, recording the TV screen. In the video, they even say that the file is being hosted on their computer via a DNS server.

How is that so hard to believe?

It makes more sense than saying that they recreated the entirety of the Wii interface and menu system, or that they simply edited the text on the screen.

Watch the video.

I don't think it is very hard to believe that they mocked up the wii interface using flash animation.

csiguy4u said:
I don't think it is very hard to believe that they mocked up the wii interface using flash animation.
I think it's easier to believe that they used the same DNS configuration that they used to browse the web through the shop channel, to host roms. I doubt anyone would waste their time recreating the Wii interface, just to show a poor quality video of themselves downloading a rom onto the Wii.

wiicanchangetheworld said:
And if I told you if I was Bill Gates, would you believe me??
The difference is, I can see with my eyes that they are downloading the rom, thus, it's easy to believe what they are saying. If you were standing in front of me, and told me you were Bill Gates, I would not believe you. Which returns me to the original point, which is, they have a video showing them doing it. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Wow

MAN I WISH I COULD DO THAT...well not really i dont want 2 do somthing that i can just wait 4 and get it legal

Found this much clearer video of the browser 'hack'.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5RZn4qCeQw[/MEDIA]

I call that Nintendo glitches or cheating, its not hacking since they're not in the computer mainframe, or just the computer, they're just setting they're DNS different, not hacking.

the download hack looks like a fake... easy editing could do that...

but i know the wii shop to browse the internet is real.. and they finally got it to where a usb keyboard works with it

I believe that the ROM Vid is real. If it is not the Idea behind it is quite a breakthrough. Though the Gamecube Action Reply booting ROMs is a little easier to run and update with more roms in the future. Plus assuming the video was real, and that they did it with an NES rom, the wiimote and classic controller may not work in the game as it is not ported for those controls. Using a game that is not available in VC hightens the possibility of control issues.

-Bobby

Do same thing for PSP when it was a older version and i used Wipe Out to access the web change le DNS to a websites ip like say google and ur all good

Back