Nintendo Wii or Xbox 360?

i loved my 360 still do a little thought bout selling it but im keeping it just for gears of war 2. but the wii i like more cuz of there games are fun, such as SSBB, mario kart wii will be awesome, and animal crossing will be an awesome game! so i would start with the wii

VidyaVince said:
Not even in the slighest.

Beg to differ, Brawl online is one of the freshest and funnest Wii online games yet, IMO anyways. I guess thats yours though as well, but still its not that bad.

As for Wii or 360.

If you like the Nintendo Series', StarFox, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart etc, and online play with Brawl (which is quite nice) and Mario Kart then you should get a Wii.

If you don't like those, then get a 360 simple.

5 game rule. Only buy a game console if you have 5 games you must own on them.

So SSBB online is indeed fun? I was just reading stories that people couldnt find games and when they did there was a 2 second lag on everything...

if this is true will it get better? If so I think the wii is my choice as I can see myself playing SSBB for a long long time

I will give you a un-biase opignion I own both wii and 360.

The 360 is for those who play to win. Trying to get those hard achevments, or getting at a high lv in a shooter, or leveling up to be all powerful in a RPG. the online of the 360 is far superior then the wii. You can download movies, old games or arcade games ( the bests are Marble Blast Ultra, UNO and Geometrie Wars), downloadable contente to extend a games life, or download some game trailers and demos to see what you wanna buy in the future. Fps is what the 360 is all about. But, there are other good role playing titles like the famous RPG Oblivion (1 of my all time fav games), assassins Creed (fun but might get repetitive, so play in short doses), and mass effect (there is alot of talking, but most people like it) and rythm games like rock band or Guitar Hero 3. Games that are most looked forward to this year: Rainbow Six:Vegas2, GearsOfWars2, Fable 2, GrandTheftAuto:4, Unreal tournament 3(already on the PS3) and Soul Caliber 4. and Now im sure you heard the 360 has alot of problems. My frind has his 360 since June 2006 and it never had any problem. I have mine since January 2007 and it never had a problem except for the tray somtimes wont come out but it just needs a simple light tap and it will open right away. Now if you still fear that your 360 will brake, microsoft has promise every 360 owner a 3 year warranty. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/resources/warrantyupdate.htm

Note: I just got my wii so I might not have all the facts straight.The Wii is a good laid back systeme for 1 or with friends. You can just pick it up and play and have fun. It is great if you have friends or a girlfriend as it is easy to get into and has simple games. Yes the online is free, but is rather annoying. the fact of no voice, no Names (instead you get wii codes such as 1342-4534-6543). The best wii games are Legend of Zelda:TwilitePrincess, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxie, Mario Party 8 ,Wario Wares:Smooth Moves, Wiisports and Wii play. the Wii ofers Virtual console lets you download old games from previous console just like the 360 but much more awsome! Alot of the the old games the 360 can dowload, the wii can too. Plus you get to play some old clasics such as paper mario, super mario world, Mario bros and star fox 64. The Wii`s titles for this year was SSBB and Mario Kart wii. I havnt heard much things about the wii breaking since none of my friends own a wii (yet, they tend to do what I do) and this is my first wii community, and im rather new here, but if you look on the site you can probobly find somethings.

In the end its all about personnal choice, but may I recommend that you should buy whatever your friends have. It is more fun to play with other, then to play with yourself.

CantGetAWii said:
Beg to differ, Brawl online is one of the freshest and funnest Wii online games yet, IMO anyways. I guess thats yours though as well, but still its not that bad.

As for Wii or 360.

If you like the Nintendo Series', StarFox, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart etc, and online play with Brawl (which is quite nice) and Mario Kart then you should get a Wii.

If you don't like those, then get a 360 simple.

As much as I love my SSBB, sadly I would have to agree with Vidya. It's very low low low quality compared to XBL experience. It should get better of course, but with all the "handicaps" SSBB online mode has, it will still be light years away from the 360's online.

But im not really gonna give an answer to OP and in reality you should not listen to anyone really because most people are biased, just pick what you think you will enjoy more. I have both consoles and they both offer a different experience.

Carts said:
I will give you a un-biase opignion I own both wii and 360.

The 360 is for those who play to win. Trying to get those hard achevments, or getting at a high lv in a shooter, or leveling up to be all powerful in a RPG. the online of the 360 is far superior then the wii. You can download movies, old games or arcade games ( the bests are Marble Blast Ultra, UNO and Geometrie Wars), downloadable contente to extend a games life, or download some game trailers and demos to see what you wanna buy in the future. Fps is what the 360 is all about. But, there are other good role playing titles like the famous RPG Oblivion (1 of my all time fav games), assassins Creed (fun but might get repetitive, so play in short doses), and mass effect (there is alot of talking, but most people like it) and rythm games like rock band or Guitar Hero 3. Games that are most looked forward to this year: Rainbow Six:Vegas2, GearsOfWars2, Fable 2, GrandTheftAuto:4, Unreal tournament 3(already on the PS3) and Soul Caliber 4. and Now im sure you heard the 360 has alot of problems. My frind has his 360 since June 2006 and it never had any problem. I have mine since January 2007 and it never had a problem except for the tray somtimes wont come out but it just needs a simple light tap and it will open right away. Now if you still fear that your 360 will brake, microsoft has promise every 360 owner a 3 year warranty. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/resources/warrantyupdate.htm

Note: I just got my wii so I might not have all the facts straight.The Wii is a good laid back systeme for 1 or with friends. You can just pick it up and play and have fun. It is great if you have friends or a girlfriend as it is easy to get into and has simple games. Yes the online is free, but is rather annoying. the fact of no voice, no Names (instead you get wii codes such as 1342-4534-6543). The best wii games are Legend of Zelda:TwilitePrincess, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxie, Mario Party 8 ,Wario Wares:Smooth Moves, Wiisports and Wii play. the Wii ofers Virtual console lets you download old games from previous console just like the 360 but much more awsome! Alot of the the old games the 360 can dowload, the wii can too. Plus you get to play some old clasics such as paper mario, super mario world, Mario bros and star fox 64. The Wii`s titles for this year was SSBB and Mario Kart wii. I havnt heard much things about the wii breaking since none of my friends own a wii (yet, they tend to do what I do) and this is my first wii community, and im rather new here, but if you look on the site you can probobly find somethings.

In the end its all about personnal choice, but may I recommend that you should buy whatever your friends have. It is more fun to play with other, then to play with yourself.

you forgot to mention alot of good Wii games like Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Endless Ocean, Battallion War 2, etc..

very good advice...hmm..such a hard choice = \!!!

{Axtlár} said:
you forgot to mention alot of good Wii games like Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Endless Ocean, Battallion War 2, etc..

Thats why I said I might not have all the wii facts straight. The only game I nkow in there is Metroid:scared:

I would choose Wii...it's got a rich history behind hence the Smash Bros games..Microsoft or SONY would never have anything like that, all they get are FPS games...anyway, if you'll just get one console because "it has better graphics and online play" then you are just a pebble that gets carried away as sediment with the river flowing.

Yeah, Carts, there's many other great games for the Wii like Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, RE4, Mario Strikers Charged, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Red Steel, Elebits, among others...and I don't think Mario Party is even good.

{Axtlár} said:
I would choose Wii...it's got a rich history behind hence the Smash Bros games..Microsoft or SONY would never have anything like that, all they get are FPS games...anyway, if you'll just get one console because "it has better graphics and online play" then you are just a pebble that gets carried away as sediment with the river flowing.

Yeah, Carts, there's many other great games for the Wii like Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, RE4, Mario Strikers Charged, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Red Steel, Elebits, among others...and I don't think Mario Party is even good.

Prime example of why you should not listen to the average Wii Chat person because this is a Wii forum and most of them are biased or they are just misinformed. There are PLENTY of non FPS games. Hell the next 5 or so games I do plan on buying for my 360 are not FPS games.

get a xbox 360 first. that should occupy you until you can get a wii. (cod4, mass effect, halo, bioshock, orange box and gears 2 later this year) then if your box gets the red rings you will have brawl to back you up which is the number 1 reason to own a wii. and super mario galaxy is nice

Stoop kid enforced my point right there...all the games he mentioned for the 360 are FPS . And what red rings? can someone explian that to me?

xbox 360 has a bunch of good games that arent first person shooters. like mass effect and ...... o yea thats about it. good point. thats why you need to eventually get both, but i just think the online service of xbox live would be able to hold you over longer than the games on wii would. red rings of death is when your xbox 360 goes into hardware failure and will not work. it is caused by overheating problems in the xbox. however there is a now a three year warranty and microsoft is taking steps into solving that problem. that should not deter you from getting an xbox though. but the wii is a good choice too. i guess i wasn't much help

Back