Nintendo Wii Scam - BEWARE

So sorry to here that. What's the phone number im going to give them a piece of my mind.

is it just me ordoes tht link not work, anyway i send you my sympathy and i wish that all goes to plan and that nothing like this ever happens to you or your freinds again

Hi Guys, well some good news... I heard back from the police and they have started their official investigation. I was just one of several people in my town who got scammed, so god knows how many nationally. The site and phone number are now taken down, but i'm not sure if this is a result of me calling the phone and site hosts, or of the scammers themselves trying to run. Anyway the police have frozen the bank accounts used, (there were several). I'm hoping they were frozen with the cash in them, although I think this is probably optimisic.... I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for all your kind words.

I BEG YOU! Please sue amazon!! if they put a link saying please visit our sponcers then there probably liable! then just send the money in a black breefcase to my house!

I've been reading this thread and I do feel sorry for you man, that totally sucks.

To the people on here that keeps blaming Amazon for this, IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT. Legally they are not at fault as they have only provided a link to a seemingly legitimate 3rd party retailer. :mad5:

As quote in Amazon's A-to-Z Buying guarantee:

We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on Amazon.com. That is why we guarantee purchases from Amazon Marketplace, Auctions, and Merchant sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.com website. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon.com A-to-z Guarantee.

Notice how it says they guarantee all purchases IF payment is made through Amazon.com. Therefore, if you just followed a link to a website and then phoned a number on there and said you wanted to order a Wii, you haven't been dealing with Amazon in any way, shape or form.

So, STOP GIVING THIS USER THE WRONG ADVICE. :incazzato: Sure, he should report it to Watchdog, the Police and his bank, etc, but Amazon can't do a thing.

One final point - consider this famous phrase - CAVEAT EMPTOR - which is latin for 'Let the buyer beware'. If you buy from somewhere, whether on the net or on the phone, then it is at your own risk.

Man this is terrible news and i really feel for you. There is nothing worse then shelling out a ton of money for something you really want to find out that your money got stolen and you are not getting your awesome thing. I really hope that this gets settled and you get your money back.

dude i am soo angry and im not the one being scammed, im mad, i wish i knew those gus and give m all a good ol slap

Saw something very similar to this on "The Real Hustle - Twelve Scams Of Christmas" not good at all.

i got scammed just after christmas by nextdayelectronics.co.uk.just after new year they shut that down and set up under consolefever.co.uk.i think the website you got scammed by is the same guys.i reported them to watchdog,trading standards and the police.they will just keep doing this until they get caught.which they prob wont.i dont know how they sleep at night.they have scammed so many people.

I wonder what a Mass attack would do to the servers......

On another note I almost fell for a few scams twice but when I almost fell for them I was a moron. This whole website thing sounds like a real problem.

Back