Nintendo Wii! Too expensive?

manufan15 said:
I never said you need the charging station, I said there is a charging station. I don't have it. Next time you should actually read my post.

Actually I meant to say that to Brian not you. Next time you should actually pick on that.

vagrant said:
Actually I meant to say that to Brian not you. Next time you should actually pick on that.

Oh. Nevermind then. Yea, you don't need a charging station.

vagrant said:
Manu that was the dumbest argument I have heard yet.

You don't by any means need the charging station. And rechargeable batteries are cheap as shiznit and they last longer than a year.

Of course the ps3 controller costs less. It's a POS light rumbleless hunk of "tilt" crap.
How is being light and having tilt sensing a bad thing? The controller definitely isn't the best, but it isn't "crap."

paintba||er said:

How is being light and having tilt sensing a bad thing? The controller definitely isn't the best, but it isn't "crap."
yea but why has sony kept the same controller since the ps1 i mean nintendo has a new controller for all its new consoles

paintba||er said:

Dude you are not turning this into another Sony Fanboy argument thread.

I paid $600 for my ps3 I can talk **** about it all I want. It is super light, feels cheap, the tilt sensoring is lame, and the lack of rumble makes it feel so uninteractive.

The majority of the gaming community agrees with me hence all of the complaints about the controller when the system came out. So not sure how you are going to make this argument.

minto said:
yea but why has sony kept the same controller since the ps1 i mean nintendo has a new controller for all its new consoles

Maybe because they're not smart. The Wii sales have owned Sony since day 1.

vagrant said:
Dude you are not turning this into another Sony Fanboy argument thread.

I paid $600 for my ps3 I can talk **** about it all I want. It is super light, feels cheap, the tilt sensoring is lame, and the lack of rumble makes it feel so uninteractive.

The majority of the gaming community agrees with me hence all of the complaints about the controller when the system came out. So not sure how you are going to make this argument.
For the last time, I'm not a fanboy. I will defend whatever console, it just happens that the PS3 is the one that needs the most defense around here. I just can't see any disadvantages of a light controller. The tilt sensing is meh, but it doesn't make the controller worse. It sucks that it doesn't have rumble, but I don't really notice when I'm into a game unless it is a PS2 game that relies on the rumble for some aspect. And Sony was going to change the controller, but everyone complained about the boomerang one, (which I actually liked and was supposed to be very ergonomic) so they changed it back. In my eyes, the PS3 controller will always be second to the 360's and about equal to the Wii's. I'm not a fanboy, and if someone says something that I disagree with about the Wii on a different forum I will argue it. But on here there is already enough people to do that.

Thegamerfan said:
but i gata say nintendo got us with the controllers.....man its like 40 bucks for a wiimote
lmao you got it good, $100 here for a wiimote, $50 for a nunckuck, $50 for a CC :yikes:

Dopey said:
It's cheap but some kids will never get it with their pocket money!!!

Yeah, they can't afford a Wii, they might have to buy something cheaper like a um... ah... yeah.

I saved up $500 of my pocket money + birthday money to get a Wii and a Wiimote and Nunchuk set. And what parent of an 8 year old wants their kid to save up their $2 pocket money a week for 2 years to buy a Wii. Their just going to buy it for them. And if it's still too expensive, buy PC Games - no peripherals, cheap games.

paintba||er said:

For the last time, I'm not a fanboy. I will defend whatever console, it just happens that the PS3 is the one that needs the most defense around here. I just can't see any disadvantages of a light controller. The tilt sensing is meh, but it doesn't make the controller worse. It sucks that it doesn't have rumble, but I don't really notice when I'm into a game unless it is a PS2 game that relies on the rumble for some aspect. And Sony was going to change the controller, but everyone complained about the boomerang one, (which I actually liked and was supposed to be very ergonomic) so they changed it back. In my eyes, the PS3 controller will always be second to the 360's and about equal to the Wii's. I'm not a fanboy, and if someone says something that I disagree with about the Wii on a different forum I will argue it. But on here there is already enough people to do that.

Of course you're not a fanboy. You just jump at every opportunity to stand up for it on an opposing consoles forum.

And weren't you the one who said yesterday or the day before you don't really like the wii all that much anymore? If so I highly doubt you do much wii defending on ps3 forums.

And the boomerang felt like you were holding a steering wheel.

And anyone who thinks the wiimotes are expensive is effing daffy considering how complicated the internals are.

vagrant said:
And weren't you the one who said yesterday or the day before you don't really like the wii all that much anymore? If so I highly doubt you do much wii defending on ps3 forums.
No, I just said that the controller got old and the current games don't interest me. Better games can come out though, and games are all that matter. I do defend it on 360 and PS3 forums, even though the PS3 and 360 forums I go to are usually much more mature and people on them usually don't sit around bashing other consoles all day.

u dont have to buy anything more than what came with it. unless if you want to play with other people other than ur self. then u would have to buy wiimotes or mabe eben a nunchuck.

Suner52 said:
Okay, so heres the deal. The console thing is pretty cheap compared to the ps3 ( well of course) So theres 360$ But then u have to buy extra remotes, wiereless internet, nunchuckss!, and games. Oh and juss for fun u must buy stuff from virtual console. SURE! all gamess have these extra accesories... but for wii they are a must have, and they are E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E:sad:
this is stupid because you do that for every console

the only way its more expensive is the fact that they gain a profit per wii sold, where as 360 and ps3 loose plenty of money per console sold.

paintba||er said:

No, I just said that the controller got old and the current games don't interest me. Better games can come out though, and games are all that matter. I do defend it on 360 and PS3 forums, even though the PS3 and 360 forums I go to are usually much more mature and people on them usually don't sit around bashing other consoles all day.

Lmao. I am an active member of the two biggest xbox 360 forums and all they bash other consoles daily. And by other consoles I mean the ps3.

I dont get why u ppl'z are bashing me. Im juss saying it is Overly expensive, Maybee for me, because i have a big family who all wnats to play wii. So i have to buy extra controllers and nunchukcss, and i feel teh need for the extra things probably as well as many other people. Soo honestly stop all your bashing Agisnt me. I have gamecube and Ps2, i may not have a ps3. but styll. I payed way less for those consoles and there accessories when they came out

Back