Nintendo Working On Bringing Everybody's Nintendo Channel To North America

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
It’s been a number of months since the Everyone’s Nintendo Channel was released in Japan, yet gamers have still been hopeful that it would release in other territories eventually. It appears to be that North American Wii owners are one step closer to being able to download the channel.

According to Tom Prata, Nintendo is attempting to bring the channel overseas so that consumers who are interested in specific WiiWare titles will be able to look at the game information, and ultimately judge based on the details provided if the game is suitable for them.

“…Nintendo of Japan also has the “Everyone’s Nintendo Channel” which is used to cover content, and we’re working on making that available to the North American market as well. What that will allow is the consumer to find the content and get familiar and more educated with it, and make their decision based on that.” - Tom Prata (senior director of project development of Nintendo of America)

Source

Last edited:
TERRIFIC news.

Does this mean that it will be released before WiiWare, which is apparently be released the first half of May?

I have Everybody Votes and I live in Canada

Oops, meant to say Everybody's Nintendo Channel, theres a difference.
Fixed :lol:

I am not sure if we will see it before WiiWare or not.
There seems to be a lot going on in the next few months, but its possible.

I wasn't basing that off of the fact that we've been getting word of this as of late, I was saying that because he mentions using the Everybody's Nintendo channel to advertise WiiWare.

No no, I know.
I am just not sure if he means for future WiiWare titles, or the ones we will soon be seeing which would mean we would see it before WiiWare. Personally, I would like it before WiiWare arrives, that way we can preview other Wii games and I can put my sisters DS to good use :wink:

sounds like its an advertising channel for the wii, rather then a download channel haha but thats ok i dont mind. i like the idea of having information, pictures, trailers about the wii on the wii. good idea ninty IMHO. hope to see it soon =)

Interesting. I'm quite excited!

Should be a nice perk, as we can tell most the casual gamers arn't informed of games very well, specially 3rd party games.

This will give a nice outlet that everyone withonline capability can go to for demos,adds,trailers ect. and help them get intrested in everything Nintendo has to offer. Im sure they will even make a buck tossing cheep add space for 3rd partys on this channel as well. Kinda nice conisdering you know 100% of your market audience views it...lol

They need to name these channels better.

Future channel name->
-Everybody Mii Choose Ware Shop Nintendo Wii Channel-

Back