Nintendo's Competitor's 'Arrogant'

Kamikaze

Certified Public Asshole
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wii Online Code
1130-2954-1680-3052
Credit: 1up.com

This is what the console war is all about.
"I do think that highlights a difference between us and our competitors: We're not arrogant. We don't view success as a right. We feel we need to earn success every day. That's what Nintendo of America President and motormouth Reggie Fils-Aime told Stephen Totilo over in an excellent interview over at MTV News.

Among the things the NoA prez clarified were what Nintendo's next "meaty adventure" would be (Metroid Prime: Corruption), when the company would "get on board with online play" (very early in 2007), how frequently the Virtual Console would be updated (every week on Mondays, with between one and five titles) and that Wii's that are connected to the Internet would download surprises to users' systems.

With Metroid Prime: Corruption expected as the next big Wii title (we mean in terms of Nintendo flagship IPs), where does that put Super Mario Galaxy? Fils-Aime said gamers can expect it sometime between next March and December. There's a handful of other highly anticipated Wii titles coming from Nintendo that should fill in the gaps between Metroid Prime: Corruption and whatever Nintendo's big holiday '07 title(s) will be (Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Super Mario Galaxy?). When will we see Super Paper Mario or Mario Strikers Charged?

Considering the high number of first party titles Nintendo has in development it's unlikely that Wii owners will see a first-party drought like what 360 owners saw through early-2006. Considering the novelty of the Wii and the different development environment it cultivates versus other next-gen current-gen development -- that's probably vital for Nintendo's success.

I'm glad that Nintendo is going to have first party games kicking major ass around the time of June, as well as the Virtual console being updated weekly quite soon, can't wait for that as well. What are your thoughts?

Thats whats up, I already knew about the First party games but now I can expect a Good VC game to pop up very soon.

I do wonder though upon the 'surprises' that will be downloaded onto our systems...maybe updated optional features for Mii characters and even a more colorful background?

Or possibly paints and masks around Halloween...

How about Connecting your DS to alow yourself to Download your Mii and play DS games with them like the Wii Sports.

SinfulKnight said:
How about Connecting your DS to alow yourself to Download your Mii and play DS games with them like the Wii Sports.

Actually in Pokemon Battle Revolution, you're able to use your DS (via WiFi and choose your attacks and switch your characters on the DS, and watch the Pokemon do the attacks on screen, which is quite cool.

Back