Nintendo's secret double strategy?

Dzapper said:
Why don't you write a letter to Nintendo then:

Dear Nintendo:

I'm tired of waiting for quality games. Please hurry up and rush out little pieces of **** for me play on my Wii and DS.

Thank You, Sovieto.

Seriously, that's what your saying now, Nintendo delays games to put in new features and extra levels of polish.
way to miss the whole point
im not saying they should release games early, they shouldnt announce dates unless they know they can get a game out on that date..

Sovieto said:
im not saying they should release games early, they shouldnt announce dates unless they know they can get a game out on that date..
Ok, but then you all would be sitting around complaining saying "Nintendo procrastinates on releases too much" there is just no pleasing some people.

Dzapper said:
Ok, but then you all would be sitting around complaining saying "Nintendo procrastinates on releases too much" there is just no pleasing some people.
could care less if they procrastinate, just shouldnt try to build up hype then let it go without most people knowing

This thread is full of epic win. Thanks for the lulz. I needed them. :D

And for the record the fact that everyone is bitching over Nintendo's
supposed marketing strategies, please do consider the fact that wii's weren't shipped with the red lights of death.
Or the fact that we got a Zelda game at launch..yes it was a ported GC title with tacked on wii-mote game play but the ps3 fans are STILL waiting for GoW 3, and Halo 3 just now comes out after the 360's been around for how long?
So yeah let's ***** and whine and moan and cry over Nintendo's broken promises.

Realize please at the end of the day they are a business. And although you may not understand all their actions or motives they do have you the consumer in their best interest. We are what makes them money so why would they intentionally **** us over?

Well whatever; like DT said this is a complex issue and most of the people here don't have an intricate knowledge of how economics works. So explaining,and rationalizing, and dumbing this down to layman's terms is a moot point.

Tails McCloud~ said:
@RedProdigy-Theres an edit icon, please use it instead of double posting.

@Dzapper-That sounds pretty fanboyish to me...=/

@MRCOOLGH-You cant say Nintendo is always there for it's fans then forget that they are trying to run a company. Truthfully, the two are completely oposite.

Scams arent new people. It'd not just because it doesnt happen often that describes the reason for a delay. For all you know, since this is all speculation like someone said, Sovieto could be right.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious instead of actually addressing my posts and just saying that Sovieto may be right.

Sovieto said:

So in order to please you, Nintendo will only announce the release dates a week before the game comes out because then we will pretty much have a guarantee.

Guess what? **** happens. Nintendo may assign a release date and then encounter an unforeseeable problem which is significant enough to merit a delay. Or it may decide to go a different direction which is ultimately better. But it's stupid to demand that any company write a release date in stone because it puts more pressure on them and is unforgiving to problems and bugs.

Last edited:
dakuda said:
Any moron can type whatever they want in Wikipedia. If a student turned in a paper to me w/Wikipedia as a source, they would lose many (If not all) points. If you think Wikipedia is a genuine source, you are sorely mistaken.

However, I will believe that it was delayed for the Wii release/adaptation. However, that is not just for the hell of it, there was a reason. Therefore, the original argument is moot.
no the reason for these delays would be to just build up hype
wikipedia isnt bad as people claim it is...you have to use sources for each information, if there is no source then it will say this, something teachers dont understand.

Sovieto said:
no the reason for these delays would be to just build up hype
wikipedia isnt bad as people claim it is...you have to use sources for each information, if there is no source then it will say this, something teachers dont understand.

From Wikipedia:

Originally planned for release in November 2005, it was delayed by Nintendo so that the EAD staff could add more content and refine the game.

What were you saying now?

RedProdigy said:
From Wikipedia:

Originally planned for release in November 2005, it was delayed by Nintendo so that the EAD staff could add more content and refine the game.

What were you saying now?
and so it could release along side the wii, they wont say this, but if you have any common sense its basically: hey this is about to come out for the half failure gamecube, maybe we should just save it to boost sales for the wii. which is what they did. and it was delayed.

Sovieto said:
and so it could release along side the wii, they wont say this, but if you have any common sense its basically: hey this is about to come out for the half failure gamecube, maybe we should just save it to boost sales for the wii. which is what they did. and it was delayed.
Even so, they still didn't delay it just to build hype, you just shot yourself in the foot with that one.

Dzapper said:
Even so, they still didn't delay it just to build hype, you just shot yourself in the foot with that one.
mhmm well this is all stupid and pointless, i just wanted to see what people thought of that theory.

RedProdigy said:
Thanks for pointing out the obvious instead of actually addressing my posts and just saying that Sovieto may be right.

So in order to please you, Nintendo will only announce the release dates a week before the game comes out because then we will pretty much have a guarantee.

Guess what? **** happens. Nintendo may assign a release date and then encounter an unforeseeable problem which is significant enough to merit a delay. Or it may decide to go a different direction which is ultimately better. But it's stupid to demand that any company write a release date in stone because it puts more pressure on them and is unforgiving to problems and bugs.
Yeah, my adress to you was offtopic. The rest wasnt. Thanks for sounding like a total ass.

@Sovieto-Wikipedia isnt a site I would usually get information from, but you're kinda right. It may not be totaly reliable, but I dont often come along false information/speculation myself.

Well, good job, you have just discovered the startegy many many corporations manage to execute, now what? are you willing to stop being a consumer so they don't get away with it and achieve their goal?

Sovieto said:
mhmm well this is all stupid and pointless, i just wanted to see what people thought of that theory.

Okay so in other words you're theory, although a good try, was in the end BS.

Your attempt to knock nintendo down a notch in the eyes of your fellow gamers failed yet again. So you feign indifference and say stupid remarks like" it's all stupid and pointless anyway.." then why make this thread? you're wasting bandwidth.

Back