Nintendo's secret double strategy?

Extra Life Mushroom said:
Okay so in other words you're theory, although a good try, was in the end BS.

Your attempt to knock nintendo down a notch in the eyes of your fellow gamers failed yet again. So you feign indifference and say stupid remarks like" it's all stupid and pointless anyway.." then why make this thread? you're wasting bandwidth.
you should just drop it, it was just a never ending debate, no one won in my eyes and i still believe they are doing it. and lets get one thing straight, you guys are claiming they basically are doing th same thing theyve done in the past yadada, they were always this way. well a little while ago nintendo was failing, and now their doing extraordinary and its not just the wii itself. bringing nintendo a notch down? dont think so, just trying to get an understanding of what they are doing that is working so well. im pretty sure i have more evidence to support my beliefs regardless.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
you should just drop it, it was just a never ending debate, no one won in my eyes and i still believe they are doing it. and lets get one thing straight, you guys are claiming they basically are doing th same thing theyve done in the past yadada, they were always this way. well a little while ago nintendo was failing, and now their doing extraordinary and its not just the wii itself. bringing nintendo a notch down? dont think so, just trying to get an understanding of what they are doing that is working so well. im pretty sure i have more evidence to support my beliefs regardless.

Why can't it just be the Wii itself? Why does there have to be some shady business practice? This gen, Nintendo decided that not competing with the others hardware-wise, incorporating motion controls as a way of simplifying controls, and making games that appeal more to the non-gamers would get them success. Guess what? It's working! The last 2 gens, Nintendo had better hardware than Sony but that didn't amount to anything. Also, Nintendo didn't try to expand its audience much so it didn't didn't recover its losses. I still think Nintendo is still acting like Nintendo (secretive, doing its own thing, and such) but when it tweaked its strategy with the Wii to reflect the DS, success was achieved.

To me, you saying that "no one won" is just you backpedaling after having realized that your attempts of validating your theory in our eyes had been struck down leaving little else to say except "Well, Nintendo is up to something and I know it!", which is then just mere speculation without any substantial proof. It also sounds like you convinced yourself that your theory is what must be happening and that you had little interest in actually hearing any opposition, especially if it's strong.

Sovieto said:

Ok what the **** is the point of that statement? This abortion of a paragraph goes everywhere from denouncing me for deflating your flame baiting topic, to going on saying this is a 'never-ending debate'..WTF? never-ending? you started this descussion, therefore it will eventually end as people get tired of it and realize they are wasting their time reading bullshit.

Go take a class in economics and you will figure out this great ****ing mystery that vexes you so badly. It's not that hard to comprehend that there is more to a delay in product release than "oh well lets make them wait longer so we can build hype for our crappy product" which is in the end what you're trying to say or at least that is the way it comes across.

The reason wii is doing well? Oh well...gee..maybe because its a well thought out marketing campaign for a good product? They took a gamble on what the public wanted out of a gaming console for this generation and they got it right. That shouldn't be so hard to understand.

Instead of the bigger,better, more expensive credo that Sony and Microsoft went towards Nintendo went in a completely different direction providing a different view of things.(affordable,user friendly,attractive, and inviting) Well it seems a lot of people prefer the wii's view as opposed to Sony or Microsoft's approach.

Nintendo is holding its own this round. I know you wanted to see them go under like sega but sorry they're still going strong, and its going to take more than an blue-ray player disguised as a game console to kill them.

Last edited:
Someone takes a crack at SEGA round 5897432589. How original...
To be honest, these long winded posts about how one guy is stupid for having a theory or that guy is just as stupid for defending him are really getting old.
On topic, I wont take away the fact that Nintendo is very successfull at what they are doing, because they are, but all this credit they are getting for it seems to be a bit weird imo. I personally dont like very many Nintendo games, not because I have a grudge against them or anything like that, (like a lot of members in WiiChat have for Sony/Microsoft) but because I just dont like the games.
About Nintendo, It's hard to tell what they are really doing but the bottom line is that although they are supposedly doing these things for the better, it turns a bad plate to gamers like me. I can stand delays, but not like this. It would have made me much happier for them to just keep the dates TBD untill they hade a set and meetable time. Weather this is a shady business tactic, or a stall for glitch repairs, I dont know, but I dont like it, and i'm not a hardcore fan so I can say **** it withought having many doubts.
Microsoft will do for now. They appeal to me, and i'm a casual gamer in a way.

Last edited:
Tails McCloud~ said:
..., but all this credit they are getting for it seems to be a bit weird imo. I personally dont like very many Nintendo games, not because I have a grudge against them or anything like that, (like a lot of members in WiiChat have for Sony/Microsoft) but because I just dont like the games.....

What is trying to be pointed out by the long winded posts is the same thing people have been trying to point out since the Wii came out. Nintendo, through their own vision, expanded the gaming market with the DS and exploded it with the Wii. You don't like a lot of the games, because they are not geared towards you. Nintendo now has an audience from age 7 to 75. Go check out the translated press conference. Check out the graphs. Nintendo has expanded the definition of gaming by themselves, with a little luck. So, instead of the 40 million or so possible gamers in the world, Nintendo has 1 billion. Supply and demand. There is more demand for the Wii than the Xbox and PS3. Nintendo can only produce so many consoles. The are currently producing 1 million a month.

This thread is about one immature small minded person trying to find a conspiracy theory, when basic economics is the answer.

I'll ask this again: do you plan to quit your consumerism with Nintendo now you have discovered the strategy many corporations execute and now that you had told us about your discovery as well? or is the purpose of this thread to obtain disciples from Wiichat to commend them on a journey to not buy Nintendo's product and ultimately becoming a corrupt cult, now that you know what their strategy is?

{Axtlár} said:
I'll ask this again: do you plan to quit your consumerism with Nintendo now you have discovered the strategy many corporations execute and now that you had told us about your discovery as well? or is the purpose of this thread to obtain disciples from Wiichat to commend them on a journey to not buy Nintendo's product and ultimately becoming a corrupt cult, now that you know what their strategy is?
i didnt bother reading the paragraphs above this one but
it was just speculation...but i guess nowadays if you try to say something about nintendo that isnt: Omg the wii is so awesomez nintendo ftw
its automatically flaming nintendo.
it was just something trying to analyze nintendo and what i did read was: maybe its the wii itself. no, marketing is 50 percent of every console.
i will not discontinue buying nintendo products though... but are you agreeing with me axtlar that this is their possible strategy??

Sovieto said:
i didnt bother reading the paragraphs above this one but
it was just speculation...but i guess nowadays if you try to say something about nintendo that isnt: Omg the wii is so awesomez nintendo ftw
its automatically flaming nintendo.
it was just something trying to analyze nintendo and what i did read was: maybe its the wii itself. no, marketing is 50 percent of every console.
i will not discontinue buying nintendo products though... but are you agreeing with me axtlar that this is their possible strategy??

So to translate : You refuse to read the valid, logical evidence against you're groundless theory. Well, either you are too lazy, or refuse to admit you're wrong. Neither comes as a surprise to me.

You said you wanted help on analyzing their marketing techniques? Well we offered it. We offered you pages of help, and yet none of it supports your theory therefore you can't/won't use it to further your cause.
The only thing you chose to read was that {Axtlár} mentioned that theory may indeed be possible, although Nintendo would not be the only game company guilty of such a thing.

So yeah we accused you of flame baiting because of your narrow-mindedness and refusal to acknowledge, let alone accept, other points of view on your subject. Our accusations were justified and you intentionally misconstrue our words to suit your own purpose.

You can tell someone the world is not flat, hell you can even show them, but if they're hell-bent on disbelieving you no matter how much cold, hard evidence or facts you provide; then all you're doing is wasting your time.

Last edited:
Yes, Sovieto, I am agreeing with you that it could be the possible strategy along with their silent effort to deliver us highly qualitative products, so those combined are the reason for endless delays, They may have become accustomed to that way just to earn a little more money and possibly even on purpose and all of it for what? to bring us even more future electronic products with better quality than before.

Extra Life Mushroom said:
So to translate : You refuse to read the valid, logical evidence against you're groundless theory. Well, either you are too lazy, or refuse to admit you're wrong. Neither comes as a surprise to me.

You said you wanted help on analyzing their marketing techniques? Well we offered it. We offered you pages of help, and yet none of it supports your theory therefore you can't/won't use it to further your cause.
The only thing you chose to read was that {Axtlár} mentioned that theory may indeed be possible, although Nintendo would not be the only game company guilty of such a thing.

So yeah we accused you of flame baiting because of your narrow-mindedness and refusal to acknowledge, let alone accept, other points of view on your subject. Our accusations were justified and you intentionally misconstrue our words to suit your own purpose.

You can tell someone the world is not flat, hell you can even show them, but if they're hell-bent on disbelieving you no matter how much cold, hard evidence or facts you provide; then all you're doing is wasting your time.
read the first sentence. basically yeah if you want to tell that to yourself. ive given my argument and you just well..love nintendo too much to even think they would think of money before consumers.

i think they delayed the game cause it wasn't quite finished, seems the most logical from looking at proof, ie. someone said there were still glitches in the game while playing the demo, and we know it's still in development, with decisions yet to made(as seen in the photo update a couple days ago)

i bet ninty is stressing sakurai that this game needs to be the best, so he asked for a delay...

I am not trying to bash anyone or flame them either, but it is somewhat clear to me now that the purpose of this thread is to see who loves and who does not love Nintendo, who is loyal and who is not, to see who defends and who doesn't....Well I love Nintendo, and I think the strategy might be a possibility for the reasons I stated in the post above, so it's not a strategy made entirely on purpose.

Good thinking, I never thought of this before. Now looking at it, it's pretty much true. All 4 of the "Big" games have been delayed at least 1 year. It would not be surprising if they delayed Super Mario Galaxy as well.

RivalDestiny said:
Good thinking, I never thought of this before. Now looking at it, it's pretty much true. All 4 of the "Big" games have been delayed at least 1 year. It would not be surprising if they delayed Super Mario Galaxy as well.

yeah it would, since it's so close to the release date

Back