NMH 5/5 on Xplay/SSBB Gets perfect score by Famitsu

Dorkfish

I'm Good at Games
Oct 15, 2007
In the Boondocks
Wii Online Code
3041-8420-1576-4112
Just in case you guys havnt watched the episode yet, Xplay gave No More Heroes a 5/5. Sessler reveiwed it and said that the Combat was awesome and that Santa Destroy is definitley not of this world

SSBB was only the 7th game ever to get a perfect score by Famitsu Magizine, Final Fantasy 12 being the most recent before Brawl

Things are looking UP for wii Owners.

T3kNi9e said:
Fatmisu is biased. They always review japanese games higher.

Well, since like 70 % of games are japanese made...

NO ONE CARES!!!

In japan maybe... but not world wide. Infact the average game you buy outside of japan are mostly made but Americans/Europeans. Btw, by American I also mean Canadians.

But as for Nintendo, alot of their games are japanese. Especially all of the Nintendo games.

Make a list of all the perfected rated games at Fatmisu and chances are they are all Japanese made.

Also when it comes to games outside of Japan Fatmisu seems to always disagree with everyone else generally giving a lower score than alot of reviews. Granted Fatmisu is a popular magazine in Japan, it has its biased opinions so ive never once cared about their reviews.

yeah I watched x-play this afternoon, maybe No More Heroes is a bit underrated idk.

I'm not sure weather to get the the new advance wars game or this game though. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
T3kNi9e said:
Fatmisu is biased. They always review japanese games higher.
well they ahve a right too if thier really good and all the games that they gave a perfect score cant all be japanese made

Although, I could see Brawl getting close to perfect scores stateside assuming the online works well. I'd say in the mid 9's. It better, though, considering they've been working on a game with a winning design for...what...15 years now? Delay after delay after delay. It better be near perfect.

zap'em up said:
well they ahve a right too if thier really good and all the games that they gave a perfect score cant all be japanese made

Im not saying because famitsu gave it perfect score that it isn't good. Chances are if they have a perfect score I will agree or even probably own the game.

Im saying that overall they rate japanese games higher than the general public or other reviewers. So a game that is simply mediocre to everyone else may get a high score by famitsu and games outside of japan tend to have low score on famitsu even though most all reviewers disagree with them. So the explaination to that is bias. They probably dont like many games outside of japan because of taste, so IMO famitsu is not a good review magazine. I rather take the opinion of people who are non-japanese and like all types of games. That way it can get a more fair score.

Im not bashing them for giving NMH a good score. Hell I even said in another thread and chances are IGN is wrong for giving it a low score while everyone else is giving it a high score. I also said that chances are im going to buy NHM in the future. So how does that make me a Wii hater? It doesnt... it makes me a famitsu hater and I will never pay attention to their reviews.

I'm glad to here that No More Heroes are getting some good scores, meaning that it will boost the confidence for other 3rd party games to come to the Wii.

I trust Famitsu. Although Japanese gamers tend to like different things then we do, I still would say a perfect score doesn't hurt. (Even Famitsu's review came out like what? A week ago. It's really old news)

And the No More Heroes 5/5 is really good. But, to be honest, I'm going to end up renting it first. My mind was slightly swayed by IGN's review.

famitsu is a japanese mag, of course its going to give a better score to jap games. why do you think IGN has 3 reviews per game. its all because each country looks at a game differently. i trust famitsu, only because I dont like games because of where they are made.

nic7 said:
I trust Famitsu. Although Japanese gamers tend to like different things then we do, I still would say a perfect score doesn't hurt. (Even Famitsu's review game out like what? A week ago. It's really old news)

And the No More Heroes 5/5 is really good. But, to be honest, I'm going to end up renting it first. My mind was slightly swayed by IGN's review.

lol dude what happened to support 3rd party games.
and ign gave it a 7.8 thats still a good score
geez dudes dont like IGN brainwash you.

Yeah, and by rent, I mean I'll buy it. It's just that I'll probably wait until a friend has some impressions. (Saying as we have the same gaming interests) But, I'm sure I'll buy it.

zap'em up said:
lol dude what happened to support 3rd party games.
and ign gave it a 7.8 thats still a good score
geez dudes dont like IGN brainwash you.

I for one am not trusting IGN on this one because they have played the game before and finished it and when it came to reviewing the game a month later, they found it repetitive.

Back