No audio or video

rick.tudor

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2007
I've had a Wii for almost a year and it's worked great. Friday night, two days ago, all I can get is a black screen. I've tried resetting it, a different cable, a different input on the TV and even called tech support with no success. They are telling me to send it for repair and that it will be covered under warranty. My questions are: has anyone had this problem and recovered from it without sending out their Wii? has anyone sent out their Wii for this problem and had it returned yet? if yes...did the Wii memory still have your downloaded games, if any had been purchased, and did it remember your progress on the games played?

Thanks for any help you can give!

rick.tudor said:
I've had a Wii for almost a year and it's worked great. Friday night, two days ago, all I can get is a black screen. I've tried resetting it, a different cable, a different input on the TV and even called tech support with no success. They are telling me to send it for repair and that it will be covered under warranty. My questions are: has anyone had this problem and recovered from it without sending out their Wii? has anyone sent out their Wii for this problem and had it returned yet? if yes...did the Wii memory still have your downloaded games, if any had been purchased, and did it remember your progress on the games played?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Sounds like a hardware failure. You may get your stuff back, but they may have to reset to manufacturer settings (you will lose it all)

They will reimburse you for all the VC games you paid for though so don't worry

They may restore the games previously on your Wii, I've never had this problem, so I can't be sure. I've heard of quite a few on here though that have lost their games because of getting new systems several times.

ssbb_lover said:
They may restore the games previously on your Wii, I've never had this problem, so I can't be sure. I've heard of quite a few on here though that have lost their games because of getting new systems several times.
Nintendo are obligated to return all VC games as you have paid for them and it is not your fault the Wii had a hardware failure.

ssbb_lover said:
I see. I wonder why those people I'm talking about lost everything?
Maybe they didn't ask for them back? You have to request it.

I know a couple of people who sent their Wiis in for repair, and they recieved Wii points to the total value of the VC games they had

Getting Wii points back instead of the VC games they previously purchased is like getting hard cash back instead of store credit. That's awesome. But, yeah, I suppose you must be right.

ssbb_lover said:
Getting Wii points back instead of the VC games they previously purchased is like getting hard cash back instead of store credit. That's awesome. But, yeah, I suppose you must be right.
It's too much extra hassle for Ninty to actually put them back onto your Wii

Back