No Christmas Freebies.. but wake up Christmas morning to..

King Wiired

HITLER ME JEZ
Aug 8, 2006
United Kingdom Status : Stunnin'
Wii Online Code
8756-4872-6334-8478
..the launch of Super Mario Bros (for the Nes) on your VC :) along with Street Fighter II :D :

On Christmas morning, Wii owners will be treated to a surprise visit from Mario himself in the form of Super Mario Bros. for the NES, which can be downloaded for a mere 500 Wii Points. If Mario is not your thing -- although that would make owning a Wii pretty strange -- then there are plenty of other ways to sate your thirst for classic gaming on the Wii. Street Fighter II from the SNES is also slapping its way onto Nintendo's download service for 800 Wii Points. Players looking to vent their Christmas morning frustrations on the legions of the undead can do so with Super Castlevania IV, going for 800 Wii Points. Satisfying the desires of every child of the 90s, SEGA has saw fit to offer up the much-beloved Genesis title, ToeJam & Earl for 800 Wii Points. Finally, R-Type for the TurboGrafx-16 makes its return for 800 Wii Points.

Kinda sad to not be getting any free points, but it's cool to know 2 great games are coming to the VC on Christmas Day.

Source

i still see no point of buying an old game like vc games when you can get them for free off the internet

The multiplayer games may be online playable in Q2 2007. We'll have to wait and see. Reggie hinted at Mario Kart online. I hope he means Mario Kart 64. Nintendo is also trying to obtain Golden Eye. My personal guess is they want it for possible online gameplay. It's not hard to port any of the snes mutliplayer games into online mode. We have stuff like Zbattle and Zsnes, Kailera, Mame. Last year Nintendo looked into Mame.

Even if Nintendo says, "No." We may see people hacking their Wii's later for such usage.

i mean getting them free by not hacking but you know getting an emulator then downloading the rom.

Bubbagump said:
i mean getting them free by not hacking but you know getting an emulator then downloading the rom.

I purchased the Gecko and will get the Action Replay soon to be able to run ROMs on the Wii. Been doing it on computers and the Dreamcast for years. I personally believe that it is worth the $5-$10 for a game to be able to boot up and play and not have to setup the gamecube (ie: plug in gamecube controller, put in game) for games that I will play a lot like Street Fighter II.

The options for playing these old games are endless. I do believe that enough people will buy it on the VC to make it worth it to Nintendo. But not all the games are worth the price IMHO.

-Bobby

Bubbagump said:

Same reason people buy music (online or via CDs)...it's legal. Although there are still grey areas (if you already own the game, if you're "demoing" it, etc), downloading ROMs is illegal.

Bubbagump said:
i still see no point of buying an old game like vc games when you can get them for free off the internet
Well, not legally, not to mention, it won't be compatible with the Wii, Man, if the ROMS for PC emulators worked on the Wii, i'd throw my goldeneye on it, also, I think games play better on the Wii then a PC emulator

Back