No More Heroes- A dissapointment

Atomheart said:
I think the general concensus is that it's a rent, because:

1. It's a love it or hate it kind of game.
2. It can be finished in around 10 hours or less, leaving you with nothing to do, according to reviews (e.g., Gamespot).

gamespot is crap. use ign.

I agree with the OP, the only bad part in my eyes is the free roam. But if you recognize that the city is basically the castle in SMG used as a hub for fighting on different levels, as opposed to a free roam GTA city, it has a lot more options than you think... more option than the castle in SMG ;)

So even though I completely agree with the OP's assessment, I put a lot more weight on the combat system, and the story/dialogue. My overall score for the game is around a 9. I personally think this game has a lot more replay value than SMG as well, but that's just me.

But if anyone is wondering what the cut scenes are like, look up the battle for Letz Shake on Youtube... WARNING: It has naughty language.

Im really hoping this game is a lead up for things to come, is it possible that this was a test to see what ppl liked/disliked?
I have to admit that first ever trailer of it, was one of the reasons I bought a Wii, it just looked "badass", ima buy it for the style alone, chances are i wont even finish it...its just a game i HAVE to own.

Deanis said:
Im really hoping this game is a lead up for things to come, is it possible that this was a test to see what ppl liked/disliked?
I have to admit that first ever trailer of it, was one of the reasons I bought a Wii, it just looked "badass", ima buy it for the style alone, chances are i wont even finish it...its just a game i HAVE to own.

That's what I am hoping for...

Suda said he wanted to make another, so I'm hoping he'll beef up the free roam system, while adding more combat option; I would really like to attack random people and slice cars in half (maybe even buildings?:yesnod: ). Even though you can attack high and low depending on how high/low you're holding the Wiimote (cool addition I wasn't expecting), stance changes could be added, a la Jedi Knight.

T3kNi9e said:
So why are people getting defensive or bashing the OP for his take on the game?

If he didn't like it, then he didn't like it. No need to get defensive or try to explain why it doesn't suck or anything...

the OP asked for our thoughts on the game.

thas said:
the OP asked for our thoughts on the game.

thas said:
i liked this game. it had its issues here and there. it is something like a 8-10 hour game. if your buying this game for fun and for the fight, then go ahead, but if you are buying it for the free roaming then dont. its as simple as that.

Yeah... I wasn't talking about you because you post was neither defensive or bashful towards OP.

Eek, I don't know what I should do! Buy it or not. Hmm, I think I'll just get Brawl, play my heart out, get soem VC games, get Mario kArt, then buy it when it is uber cheap :p

kurokaito said:
Eek, I don't know what I should do! Buy it or not. Hmm, I think I'll just get Brawl, play my heart out, get soem VC games, get Mario kArt, then buy it when it is uber cheap :p

or you could always rent it. its a good game but has no repkay value. but buying this game is more towards supporting third parties instead of actually buying the game for fun.

thas said:
or you could always rent it. its a good game but has no repkay value. but buying this game is more towards supporting third parties instead of actually buying the game for fun.

Not entirely true, I have found myself returning to it and going through again on the harder difficulty and wanting to collect everything. That may be just me, but still, it has some replay value.

CantGetAWii said:
Not entirely true, I have found myself returning to it and going through again on the harder difficulty and wanting to collect everything. That may be just me, but still, it has some replay value.

the only reason i would play this game again is to see the ending and not the real ending. there isnt much to collect. you can buy clothes and stuff like that. those balls are useless once you collect all seven.

Back