No More Heroes NiceGuy Review

Mr.NiceGuy

WiiChat Member
Oct 18, 2007
New Jersey
Wii Online Code
2352-9528-8372-8013
Hello All,
Here is my No More Heroes Review at IGN....
Good to pass some time while waiting
=================================================
I'll start this review with a little backgroud of myself so you know where I am coming from. I'm a typical 26 year old gamer that enjoys all genres of video games from old school up to 'next-gen'. I have always enjoyed action games that use combos to deal out crazy amounts of damage to a bunch of enemies. I would say the first game that really had a great combo system was God Of War for the PS2. So I was very excited to get my hands on No More Heroes since the combo system was stated to be a high-point in the game.

Right off the bat, the fighting is very fast, furious, fun and freaking crazy. The animations are very smooth and the controls work perfectly to create an amazing experience. Every action gamer MUST ATLEAST PLAY THIS GAME!!! The combo system is very deep yet very simple, the trademark of a great system. To top it off, when you get different beam sabers, you get some different moves as well!

The other aspects of the game are not nearly as amazing as the fighting. The open world is ok and can be disappointing as well as the lack of a retry option. However the bike is not bad and you can BOOST while riding which took me a day to realize (Z button on bike). The graphics are ok, very stylized, which helps and the music/sounds are great as well. The storyline is Suda-fied craziness which is just how I wanted it happy

Stengths:
+ As 'hardcore' as you can get
+ Deep Combo System
+ Very intuitive controls that work very well
+ Multiple sabers with different moves
+ Amazing animations that make fighting very smooth as well as chopping people in half happy
+ Good music, sound effects, and some impressive voice acting for the bosses

Weaknesses:
- Lack of retry option for missions
- Open world can be disappointing

Overall:
With the best action fighting system on the Wii, I would have to suggest this game to all action gamers. Please atleast TRY this game, just to see how great the fighting system works. This deserves to be in every "HARDCORE" gamers library. If he tweeks the open world aspect then the sequel to this game will be almost perfect...

Sounds good man. I really hope they keep the red blood in the Aus version, as I am afraid I wont be buying it otherwise.... I want to see this game in all its original Suda-fied glory.

EDIT: Suda-fied? Did I just create a new term?

ehhh...

i'm still a bit hesitant to buy this game. to me, NMH looks a bit like a spin-off of GTA, which has never really appealed to me. along with the fact that it has no multiplayer functionality, i think i'll wait for a price drop before considering picking this game up.

AoWFraggit said:
ehhh...

i'm still a bit hesitant to buy this game. to me, NMH looks a bit like a spin-off of GTA, which has never really appealed to me. along with the fact that it has no multiplayer functionality, i think i'll wait for a price drop before considering picking this game up.

this game is nothing like GTA. sure you can freeroam but barely. the main part of this game is to kill. you know assasinate people like an assasin is supposed to do. in no way is this a spin off of anything. if the third beam katana doesnt confince you, i dont know what will.maybe the fourth one?

aow-you cant compare any game with free roam to be gta.

and the reveiw...getting game in lik 10 days whe it comes out but of course the free roaming is crap, they focused on making the game work with the wii mote and not good free roam.

people, you have to stop thinking games with free roaming just to be like gta.

Last edited:
hmm...i suppose i've got kind of a weird taste in games then. metroid prime 3 really didn't appeal to me either. =/

AoWFraggit said:
hmm...i suppose i've got kind of a weird taste in games then. metroid prime 3 really didn't appeal to me either. =/

i know where you are coming from. the first part of metroid prime 3 was really fun and interesting, but it gets a little boring after a while.

i think you should atleast rent no more heroes.

you dont have a werid taste..everyone has there prefrences.

like brawl looks nothing specail to me and cod4 is crap (to me).

lol i,ve not played the gsme but it looks good, and if you dont want it its ok its your money after all.

maybe my preference has something to do with the fact that i worship all online fps titles, no matter how crappy they are (coughmohh2cough) :lol:

i can't wait until the day when people will FINALLY stop reffering to every free-roaming game as GTA-clone. Just because someone comes up with an idea first, doesn't mean nobody else would have ever come up with it. SOMEBODY has to do it first, that's just the law of reality. Just like Nelson on Simpsons says "If you didn't do it, some other loser would have so stop milking it."

Just like with DOOM...every game that came out in FPS style was branded a Doom-Clone. No matter how original it was or how different it was from DOOM...if it had FPS point of view, it's automatically a clone.

People are starting to use the term Sandbox game but it's still a long road to getting rid of this whole GTA clone thing. There's been so many game that have expanded and improved on this free roaming thing, I think they are now clones of eachother and have forgotten about GTA entirely.

Ok, I'm done fuming.

I do not believe i mentioned GTA once in my review, i used the term 'open world' to describe that gameplay....

Deanis, did you not notice that i used that word IN my review... heheh :)

nice review.

conpariing it to gta, thats madness.......madness? THIS IS SPARTA!!!

awesome game, have looked forward to it for months. bought it two days ago and cant stop playing.

free roams is very dissapointing though... it think that if this one sells good though, they will be making sequals. if they do I bet they will spend alot more time/money on it and really improve free roam :) i hope neway...

Back