No more Wii shortage?

blogman54

Wiifan54
Feb 14, 2007
I read an article here is the link

http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/03..._thinks_nintendo_wii_shortages_are_on_purpose

The top guy at Gamestop is blaming a wii shortage because Nintendo met their goal for this year and that they are making the shortage happen. As of April 1st that begins a new fiscal year for them. you will have no prob finding a Wii I think Nintendo is not trying to make a shortage its just in high demand what do you guys think?

I doubt this is true, no company would willingly create a shortage on consoles. Nintendo isn't losing money on their consoles but their real money comes from the sale of games and liscensing of games, more Wii's more money. Every coorporation wants more $, trust me.

BTW, that last line, "It's a tad ironic that a major executive of GameStop is making this sort of accusation. As anybody who's ever traded in a game there knows...they're not exactly a shining beacon of morality." that line cracked me up.

Nintendo Just came out today to say that Gamestop is trying to get more Wiis, and that might be a reason why the COO said what he said to get Nintendo's attention here is the link

http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/03302007/09/nintendo_wii_shortage_conspiracy_denied

Also if you think Gamestop is bad on trading in games try to trade in DVDs its real bad for 2 DVDs they were gonna give me 2 bucks but then I saw the same used DVDs for around 14 bucks a peice

Major Tom said:
Gamestop/ebgames are under suspicion of selling used games as new..... They aren't to trustworthy.

I have heard the same thing, so from now on if i am buying a new game I am going to Best Buy :yesnod:

Yea game stop sucks in the trade / used games department. They give you like $15 to $25 for used games and sell them for $5 dollars less than new games. I don't know why people buy game system from them when they only get like 5-10 console when they come in. You can go to Target, Walmart or Toys R Us who get 50-100. Every now and then I pick a game that is a good deal but other than that I just get game stuff at local department stores or off the internet. They are bunch of crooks.

Major Tom said:
Gamestop/ebgames are under suspicion of selling used games as new..... They aren't to trustworthy.

Same here. I went once to a GAMESTOP store and asked for a game, they wanted to give me a game that was already opened, telling me that they remove the CD/DVD for security reasons..... How can I trust a store that sells secondhad games and new games together, not knowing if the opened one wasn´t a secondhand one.

And as AZ_Wii_Tard said, I have seen PSP games there at the same price as new once in the store next door......
Oh yes, once I bought a DS game for my neighbour and asked that if they don´t like it I could returned it, as long as it hasn´t been opened. They said" And even it has been opened you can change it for another game" ?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿? So I could buy a game, copy it, and return it???????? Wooooow...... They support piracy..... (BTW, I don´t copy games)

Tocome back on this subject Thread. Here in Spain the are enough Wiis.... a lot in every store.....

Back