No N64 game this month

gamechaser001

Wii Nerd
Dec 9, 2006
Wii Online Code
2291-3059-0957-1397
Ok, as most of you are well aware, in the US at least, that new games and channels are usually posted on the Wii Shop channel on Mondays

You may also be aware that N64 games usually come out at the end of every month (usually, not always), and if there isn't an N64 game there, they are usually working on something big to put on the Wii Shop Channel

As a kid, well, through some of elementry and middle school, I had the N64, so i'm really into the N64 games on the Wii, well, like most of us, I went to the Wii Shop Channel expecting an N64 game to be posted. I looked in the N64 area and there was no new game, so I was expecting there to be a new channel in Wii Ware (I don't think that any of the other games in VC are that big. Good? Maybe, but big? No), I also didn't find any new channel

So what I am wondering is, what is so important and big that made Nintendo not post an N64 game?

AZ_Wii_Tard said:
Maybe it is because of the current games being released for the Wii itself?

Thats what I thought last week without anything big and the lack of TMNT classic the US had 6 real game releases that week and this week only 1, but my theory was shot with only one game release. I've yet to see anywhere where nintendo claims to be releasing one N64 game a month, yes by expierance thats what happened for the first few months but that doesn't mean it's how it will happen for good. Maybe they are trying to integrate starfox to use wiimote + numchuck controlls, that way we get the rumble from the wiimote. Either way the next monday is the 1st, and having a n64 game released then wouldnt be terrible, so it's one day off. I give them a error bound with placing it in the month. It is also april fools, maybe we'll see something really cool in the wii shop channel, (not saying a joke but a surprise, lol last week one game this week 7 sort of deal). I really feel like they'll be releaseing Paper Mario 1 soon to come right before or after super paper mario. Whould help with the hype imo.

drroett said:
Thats what I thought last week without anything big and the lack of TMNT classic the US had 6 real game releases that week and this week only 1, but my theory was shot with only one game release. I've yet to see anywhere where nintendo claims to be releasing one N64 game a month, yes by expierance thats what happened for the first few months but that doesn't mean it's how it will happen for good. Maybe they are trying to integrate starfox to use wiimote + numchuck controlls, that way we get the rumble from the wiimote. Either way the next monday is the 1st, and having a n64 game released then wouldnt be terrible, so it's one day off. I give them a error bound with placing it in the month. It is also april fools, maybe we'll see something really cool in the wii shop channel, (not saying a joke but a surprise, lol last week one game this week 7 sort of deal). I really feel like they'll be releaseing Paper Mario 1 soon to come right before or after super paper mario. Whould help with the hype imo.
Could be, my cousin had the game for N64, I never really got into it then, but if it has the Wiimote and the nunchuck added to it, that would be interesting, it just seemes odd that for almost every month since the Wii came out, there was an N64 game added, but for one week they break the tradition for something, it would be nice it they could release it in the middle or so of next month, or maybe next friday

the dont claim that they will release 1 a month, but its been the trend. also, i guarentee they arent adding new controls to starfox 64. they wont add wii controls until starfox wii. nintendo prolly just had to work out some kinks

and, by the way, monday's April 2. still doesnt throw out an april fools gift though

wow, i can imagine what will happen on april 1st. all these rumors about what's gonna come out tomorrow. somebody's gonna make a video claiming to play majora's mask on the vc. it's gonna be fun.

nic7 said:
the dont claim that they will release 1 a month, but its been the trend. also, i guarentee they arent adding new controls to starfox 64. they wont add wii controls until starfox wii. nintendo prolly just had to work out some kinks

and, by the way, monday's April 2. still doesnt throw out an april fools gift though

I think I explained badly. I didn't mean motion Wii controls or motion aiming. I was trying to imply N64 controlls using the wiimote and numchuck, the numchuck to steer/aim like in SF64 trigger on the wiimote to fire, arrow keys like the yellow pad on the N64 maybe, just so they could still have the game that introduced the rumble pack still rumble. I can't imagine it's any harder to make the controls work for the wiimote/numchuck than the wiimote/clasic controller as long as no motion aiming is involved.

PS I fail at dates it is april 2nd. My notebook labels sunday and saturday both with an S I was confuzzled.

IIRC the last wii-ware title was released on a thursday, so there is still hope in the front. N64 was my "college" console and I didn't play many games on it. Mario Kart, Mario 64, Zelda OoT and MM, that's about it so I'm not too stoked about N64 titles anyway. Give me SNES :)

mym6 said:
IIRC the last wii-ware title was released on a thursday, so there is still hope in the front. N64 was my "college" console and I didn't play many games on it. Mario Kart, Mario 64, Zelda OoT and MM, that's about it so I'm not too stoked about N64 titles anyway. Give me SNES :)
You had some good games though, eh, SNES is good too I guess:)

paper mario 1 isnt likely since its not ESRB rated. nintendos just being lazy and trying to make money on bad/"not so good" games before they throw out the good ones they KNOW will sell, like star fox, kirby superstar, super metroid etc...

Back