No PC forum

Dodgely

Big Wiiner
Dec 25, 2006
Bristol, UK
Wii Online Code
3571-1636-1676-7952
ok so my pc is quite new, and i play WoW and The sims on it all the time. I just bought Battlefield 2 and it never seems to work for more than 3 minutes. its moves slowly, a connection message keeps flashing on for a split second...then it just freezes and closes itself....

whats going on?:confused:

download and install new drivers for your video card. also make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX (its 9.0c). Re-check all your system specs to make sure that your GFX Card Chipset is compatible with BF2.

Kinda sucks to hear that its not working tho, I have a Dell Optiplex270 and was thinking about getting BF2.

Shahzam said:
when u load a game dont click auto ready. bf2 crashes on dells and u should check ur settings

well i dont use auto ready and i also dont have a dell...so thats 2 options out of the window....i'll try the other stuff

Dodgely said:
ok so my pc is quite new, and i play WoW and The sims on it all the time. I just bought Battlefield 2 and it never seems to work for more than 3 minutes. its moves slowly, a connection message keeps flashing on for a split second...then it just freezes and closes itself....

whats going on?:confused:

Call Microsoft. . .maybe they need to replace your Xbox.

system specs would be good ..for us to help you out..like others have stated check your graphics card drivers if there the latest one also latest dx9.0? wat ever letter there on now lol. did you download all the patches for it ? if you baught the battlefield 2 with the expansion make sure you install bf2 first then expansion then do the patches..also wat graphics card do you have? wow and sims arent really graphic whores you can play those with integrated graphics cards.

Last edited:
according to my xfire profile.....

Manufacturer:
DIXONSXP
Processor:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:
1022MB RAM
Hard Drive:
494 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE
Monitor:
Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card:
C-Media Rear Panel Audio
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp.050928-1517)

despite 3 yrs of computing college i have no idea what any of that means...

im sure its good enough if i can run WoW without any problems. i'll try sorting it out tonight.

Dodgely said:

Manufacturer:
DIXONSXP
Processor:
Memory:
1022MB RAM
Hard Drive:
494 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE
Monitor:
Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card:
C-Media Rear Panel Audio
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp.050928-1517)

im sure its good enough if i can run WoW without any problems. i'll try sorting it out tonight.

Didn't know Xbox's ran Windows XP nor had 494GB hard drives. Is this a modded Xbox???

csiguy4u said:
Call Microsoft. . .maybe they need to replace your Xbox.

I think he's talking about on his PC......

Which makes you wonder why he didn't

a) check the battlefield 2 support forums

b) Google.

Dodgely said:

Manufacturer:
DIXONSXP
Processor:
Memory:
1022MB RAM
Hard Drive:
494 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE
Monitor:
Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card:
C-Media Rear Panel Audio
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System:

system looks fine to me. should be able to play bf2 .did you try and mess with all the settings in video ? set everything to low or default settings?. if all fails uninstall and reinstall the game and patches . or turn off windows firewall heard it causes some conflict while playing games online ..

thats more than enough to play BF2 lol. my specs are lower than that and i can play it (however only on low-medium settings). try and disable any net protecters like a firewall or peerguardian

Make sure your not running to many programs at ounce. Possibly a virus scanner/antivirus protection could be causing your problems.

i dont think a virus scan would cause it maybe a firewall ..i think hes safe for running other programs he has a dual core cpu along with a gig of ram ..but yeah dodgely i pm you telling you wat pc forum that i go to did you check it out ?

Back