no suit for samus :( thats what made her cool

if you see all of the characters in super smash bros they can Fight close range so they had to invent the sword which i think looks pretty neat especially with a blonde bombshell like her LOL

I'm excited to play as Zer Suit Samus and Nintendo said on the SSBB site that we will still be able to play as regular Samus.

I am very happy with this, because now I get to see the no suit in action. I last saw it at the end of Hunters, but that was just a little clip, which sucked.

Hopefully though they upgrade her attacks, some of them were to slow, and didn't do any damage what so ever.

When I played MP2 on the GC I tried to finish it with the aim of scanning every single item, enemy and upgrade found in the game and collecting every single possible upgrade. So far when I beat the bosses at the end of the game I had a total of 81% and I saw a clip at the end of the game which showed Samus removing her suit - looked exactly like the pic of zero suit samus in SSBB lol.

btw When I get the time ill try to finish it with 100% total so i can see the mother brain reform herself as dark samus (havent seen it not even on the net!)

I reckon having an alternate character for samus in SSBB is a great idea. In SSBM one of the best characters to have in the game is Shiek (alter ego of Zelda), alongside with Fox and Marth - been looking at the SSBM tornament sites lately. So yeah I hope having an alternate character for Samus will balance her long range attacks with short range attacks. Not to say in SSBM that her short range attacks are okay but they could do with more power (like Link who has less powerful long range attacks and better short range attacks)

I think it will be just great because Zero Suit samus s another version of samus as young link, doctor mario etc

Arcadium said:
I think it will be just great because Zero Suit samus s another version of samus as young link, doctor mario etc
DR. Mario and Young Link (etc) were clones of Mario and Link, which means they had the same moves. Zero Suit Samus doesn't have the same moves as normal Samus which means she isn't a clone.

Doesn't it say on the SSBB website that you'll be able to play as both Zero Suit Samus and normal Samus?

Everyone's been wondering where Z Suit Samus got her sword. I'm guessing, and maybe I'm wrong, that they got the sword idea from the upcoming Metroid Prime: Corruption.

In other words, since SSBB is coming out after Corruption, it's likely that in Corruption we will play as Z Suit Samus and use that sword, which would then explain why all of a sudden there is this Z Suit Samus and this previously unknown sword weapon in the game.

Seriously, I don't remember any characters in SSBM that had weapons that weren't already in that characters own game, so they didn't just come up with her sword out of thin air.

Hope I'm right, so I can play Corruption as both PowerSuit and Z Suit Samus.

Any body else think I'm on to something?

Last edited:
Hmm, you could be right there, NateTheGreat.
Also, the smashbros.com does say you can play as both. Go to the characters page, select Zero Suit Samus, and read the last part.

I'm excited to play as Zer Suit Samus and Nintendo said on the SSBB site that we will still be able to play as regular Samus.
Right, "excited"...*bump bump*Sure...

wow, y'all are checkin out fake people
I have to admit it, she's hot.

And I think it's a good decision to get more mature cuz not only will they gain a greater fanbase but already N fanboys will like it, IMO, as well...Like me ^_^'

Well, for a video game character, she's not bad. Nova, from Starcraft: Ghost (Damn them for cancelling it) was better, and the first time I saw Zero Suit Samus in the trailer I was like "wtf? Nova?"

Back