No Turbografx in Australia

Blue Sun

WiiChat Member
Dec 24, 2006
Australia
Does anyone have any idea why Turbografx games aren't available on the VC in Australia? Europe has them, and they are PAL like us, so why are Nintendo neglecting to release them in Aus?

Trust me, at the moment, you're not missing much. The only mediocre title at the moment for Turbografx is Bonk's Adventure.

Kamikaze said:
Nintendo already released an update preventing that.

Oh, didn't know about that.

Blue Sun- I believe the reason you can't get TG-16 games in Australia is because the console was never released there. There's probably too many licensing problems to release the games there. Either that, or it's part of Nintendo's bizarre policy of replicating the past perfectly, including all the problems we had back then. :lol:

Napalmbrain said:
Oh, didn't know about that.

I believe the reason you can't get TG-16 games in Australia is because the console was never released there. There's probably too many licensing problems to release the games there.

That would make sense, thanks for pointing that out.

Kamikaze said:
Trust me, at the moment, you're not missing much. The only mediocre title at the moment for Turbografx is Bonk's Adventure.

I suggest you take a look at R-Type...beat that and then you can band the word "mediocre" around....tut tut.

pipesfranco said:
I suggest you take a look at R-Type...beat that and then you can band the word "mediocre" around....tut tut.

I have Super R Type for my SNES, so no reason to downgrade.

Kamikaze said:
I have Super R Type for my SNES, so no reason to downgrade.

Not a clue.

R-Type 3 sucks compared to a representation of the original game. Slow down and an inferior challenge.

R-Type one is gaming history...R-type 3 just pales in comparison.

My advice, obtain R-Type one now...everyone! :)

Back