No Video

3Speed

WiiChat Member
Oct 20, 2012
I have a Wii that was purchased on release day. Recently I stopped getting video with the Wii. I have tried replacing the video connectors to the T.V. (I know this is not the problem cause I have a second Wii that works just fine) So I now believe that the problem is my video card took a dump. I also tried switching the DVD Rom and everything that is connected to it into the other Wii that did not fix the problem. So now my question is, can I some how transfer data (saved games) from one Wii that does not have video capability to another Wii? I would really hate to lose all my purchased games.

Via SD card. Save data moved/copied onto an SD card can be copied onto any other Wii; with one major exception. Unfortunately, Nintendo made it so online multiplayer games like Call of Duty or Mario Kart Wii can't have their data put on any external device like an SD card.

I did a lot of research last night and it took awhile, but I found out that DLC can not be transferred from one Wii to another unless you call them, send in both Wiis and wait over two weeks. Seeing how I have opened both Wiis I don't see them doing this for me so I have decided to wait about a month and buy the Wii U since the old Wii games will work on it. Thank you for your help though.

Back