No wiiconnect if AOl is your ISP

ramsanine

WiiChat Member
Apr 12, 2007
Los Angelas, California
I have heard that people with AOL as their ISP will never be able to connect their wii to the internet and that AOL is not going to change because aol does not want to be a high speed isp anymore. So basically aol doesnt care if you leave them because they want you to leave. As of 2 hours ago i changed my isp to roadrunner because i have been trying to connect my wii for 2 weeks. i updated the firmware on my wrt54g linksys, i changed firewall settings on aol and on my router. And still nothing. So im just trying to inform anyone who has aol as their isp that you wont be able to connect your wii. This may have been in that 3000 page error code forum but i read in there enough to not want to read ever again. but ill be able to connect it by next week with my road runner so my struggle is finally over. AOL sucks!!!! as isp

i have aol and i updated my wii :S but i can't add others in the address book, i add them, get the message, reply, wii get nothing

Im just saying what the nintendo tech told me and the aol tech told me. the nintendo guy told me to go to a friends house and update and get vc games there. and i asked him well what about when the online games come out and he said that i would have to get an isp other than aol. Does anyone on here have a solution for getting on with aol??

My ISP is also AOL and everything works fine. The employee at AOL told me that they don't support the Nintendo Wii console (I think he was new). I decided to set it up myself and from then on I have been having great connection on my Wii.

AOL pretty much sucks. It has so many problems. I used to have it over 10 year ago. It was bad back then. Everybody that I know that has it now tells me they have tons of problems with it. Guess it's still a piece of crap.

We have AOL because my wife likes it. My wii connects to the internet through our wireless router just fine

Back