Noisy Wii

lionman

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
Had my Wii since it came out two years ago but have noticed recently that it is becoming noisy when playing certain games -eg My Sims, Super Smash, Fifa 09 - tend to think it is maybe down to the amount of data it is having to read as the games are playing fine. the noise is like a chug, chugging sound when it is saving data or moving though games..any thoughts?

Yeah the Wii does really have to work overtime in Super Smash Brothers, everyone experiences that loud chugging sound. From what I've heard it's the same for My Sims. So I wouldn't be to worried at this point.

Last edited:
I have this problem, but as well when I have new messages on my board. It's been like that for a while and I don't see a problem with it. It's just how it works.

I think it just makes the chugging sound when it's processing a lot of data, happens all the time with SSBB. I wouldn't worry about it unless the Wii freezes or something.

Yeah I get that chugging on smash brothers and my wii is just out of the box. Nothing however is as my loud as PS3, sounds like a jet engine turbine firing up!

My wii makes alot of noise too. this thread makes me feel better now that i know its completely normal :)

I will put in your brawl code. How do I plug it in. I amguessing somehow adding it in the smash brawl menus. Is this number different from your friend code? Where do you enter friend codes?

This is all normal. This happens with me and every body else that i know that has a wii. Its a problem Nintendo will have to fix on the new version of the Wii!

Back