Noob questiong about Brawl.

mull3t

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
Wii Online Code
3665-5041-5042-9236
Ok, the last Smash I played was back in the day on Nintendo 64.

Maybe I didnt relise then or have forgot since, but what the hell does the % stand for either side of the characters picture when fighting? the lower it is, does that mean good? or the high? can someone explain?

and am I right that to do your final smash you need to collect that glowing ball? and once I collect that do I just tap my special button to pull off a final smash?

Info would be great,cheers guys

The percentage is how much damage you have taken. the higher it is the farther you will go flying with every hit u recieve. the glowing ball is called a smash ball and yes u do need to grab it by attacking it to use ur final smash. after u have the smash ball all you do is press your special button to use your final smash.

mull3t said:

Maybe I didnt relise then or have forgot since, but what the hell does the % stand for either side of the characters picture when fighting? the lower it is, does that mean good? or the high? can someone explain?

and am I right that to do your final smash you need to collect that glowing ball? and once I collect that do I just tap my special button to pull off a final smash?

The % on the bottom is how much damage you have. The higher it is, the bigger chance you have of someone KOing you (knocking you out of the stage). High is bad, low is good.

To perform a final smash, you have to hit the floating glowing ball. After you successfully hit it, press the special button (B on Wiimote + nunchuck, classic control, and gamecube controller; 1 on wiimote sideways). The glowing ball is annoying to get because it likes to avoid you. But the final smashes are awesome.

mull3t said:

Yep, the percent is your damage. It can go as high as 999% but most don't make it much further than 100% (depending on how heavy your character is).

I'm still trying to figure out the special too. It seems that you have to strike the bouncing thing and whoever strikes it the 3rd time collects it. You then hit whatever buttons it is to use it (A + B) on a GC controller, I think, and it just goes. I've also collected it and then lost it, though, by being hit by someone while holding it.

great cheers dudes for your quick response, cleared that up :)

Back