north pole is gone

I am concerned about Global Warming, all the scientific evidence is there yet governments are unwilling to make investments to phase out fossil fuels. Its the age old environment vs economy and most politicians are to short sighted to risk the economy in order to preserve the environment. Being from Australia we're all ready seeing the first effects of Global Warming, the amazing Great Barrier Reef is under severe threat from coral bleaching due to warmer ocean temperature.

Yes the earth's temperature is cyclic like paintba||er said, yet our atmospheric Carbon Dioxide levels are far larger than they have ever been before. History has shown that as the concentration of Carbon Dioxide rises, temperature rises which poses a huge risk our planet.

We really need to start doing something now! Just my 2 cents :)

steelersfatboy said:
maybe this is a sign, i heard that the world will end on december 21, 2012
I don't believe that. My dad told me that people thought that the world was going to end on the year 2000. And we're still here. And I've never heard of that before

laderer5 said:
Accoding to history in 2012 a giant meteor will hit the earth, either destroying it or ruining the enviroment, inwhich making earth un-live-able.

Some scientists believe this to actually be true. The Mayans have been able to predict comets and astroids/meteors that will hit Earth in a 1500+ years before they even came and most of all of them have come true.....

So the world ends in 2012.........cya
lol the earth will have a close encounter, in 2012 it will go through our sattelite systems/crap orbiting earth, but it won't come close to hitting us until 2032. It's the size of the rose bowl, big, but not enough to kill us.

As for the actual year, it's through our own speculation that the earth will end(other crazy people to be exact.) No source claims that the earth will end their is just no ongoing date beyond dec 21 2012. So...Yeah...

Hate to be a kill but it is kinda scary to think that the world may end. Oh and as for the North pole thing, i didn't read it or click on it, i'm assuming it's on the polorization where the North and South poles switch, no big deal, radiation goes down to the south pole instead of the north. My Physics teacher told me this, i don't actually know this kinda stuff:lol:

what does the image even show? that someone edited a picture badly, uploaded it to there dodgy website and then someone linked to it on a fourm? the north pole ain't melted yet matey, and if it did not all if it is see based, so we would see small amounts of land.

Hmmm the water rising shouldnt make a diffrence put an ice cube in a glass of water and the water will go up let it melt and it will remain the same as when u put the ice cube in so ya i dont get why the water will rise and we could allways just leave the water running :lol:

d_k said:
Hmmm the water rising shouldnt make a diffrence put an ice cube in a glass of water and the water will go up let it melt and it will remain the same as when u put the ice cube in so ya i dont get why the water will rise and we could allways just leave the water running :lol:
what happens if you put some ice cubes that are floating in the glass of water, then add some more, so that some of the cubes are under the water. then what happens when the ice melts?
what about the large quantities of land based ice in the north pole?

Of course there is no Northpole on the Picture. The northpole has no landmass so all you'll see on a drawn map is water.

Yeah global warming is happening, but the Northpole is still there.

Oh and btw: I'll bet my Wii that 2012 nothing will happen.

ANY of you who live near London should get yourselves to the Natural History Museum. Went there myself today. Interesting displays in the 'red zone' about Global Warming. Seems that the sea level now is practically the lowest it has EVER been in the history of the planet (apart from a few 100,000 years about 500 million years ago). So........ the sea level is DUE to rise in geological terms.

To say that this period of warming is purely as a result of humanity seems to be utter garbage as to the best of my limited knowledge, the last time the earth had global warming there were no cars or aeroplanes around. You decide. Go see the exhibit. Especially this

ss_image_2958.jpg

Gaz said:
what happens if you put some ice cubes that are floating in the glass of water, then add some more, so that some of the cubes are under the water. then what happens when the ice melts?
what about the large quantities of land based ice in the north pole?
Thats not true! if u use the earths water and freese it to make huge ice cubes then the water will still be low because u just took the overflowing water and made it more compact!

What Gaz says is true, if you're talking about physics, kid, explain why there are fires at sea.

So, anyway, Top Gear went to the north pole, it was pretty real. I expect Greenland to go before the north pole, I think they're losing 10cm's diameter every year.

paintba||er said:

Eh, it most likely won't cause any major problems in my lifetime, so I don't care.

Wow i know this is pretty old but wow...Ur pretty selfish not to be mean but i am just saying...And YES this problem can be solved...u must know nothing about this kind of stuff, if we stop using aerosaw (lmao i know i spell that wrong...) products, and less vehicles the gas emissions can be slowed down and it can save alot of generations...

Last edited:
Well Well Well, it's like my dad said..the glass is Full, i for one would not be surprise that the end of the world is in this generation. i mean if we don't kill ourself in the end..something will..humanity is so, so corrupted these days

well think about the positive, itll be hot, and there A LOT of water. so get a fishing rod, get sum trunks, a piece of metal, and you got yoursef a swimming party.
Metal-put fish on it, light a fire under, you got food
Trunks-put on then swim

Besides.... some things will be above water, so when done just get on those and you can tan. Plus, maybe evolution will take its tole and humans will grow gills as well as retain lungs.

Back