Not Living up to Smash Brothers Standards?

I personally dont see any problem with the new adventure. Why would I? Its a bonus. As we all can see the core gameplay is still in tact and that is what made the game what it is. Short of adding health bars what can they possibly do to mess the game up at this point? Add health bars, a timer and two rounds? I think the new adventure is just what the game needed. When you face friends its alot of fun, talkin smack, learning their strategies but when your against the computer its kinda dull. Granted there is online play but its still not the same as having your buddy right next to you on the couch.

An adventure is just what we need for when we are solo, plus even though the "save the princess" idea is just a bit cliche doesnt petey capture both princesses with one being unsavable? Im interested to see what kinds of twists, turns and additions to gameplay the story gives us. Now onto the title of the thread, not living to smash brothers standards? As long as the CORE gameplay is intact the standard is already there.

Umm.. obviously I'm late to the discussion here but, as of right now, you could give me just the subspace emissary, and I would be happy. I mean, I would be disappointed at the lack of multiplayer, but the game would still be amazing.

And whoever said that the subspace emissary was "garbage," I wish you would get flamed.

Like, IMHO, this is the single worst gripe I have ever heard in my entire life. Basically what the OP is saying is that adding a mode you don't have to play, but still including classic and adventure modes from the original in which he liked, makes the game bad? Nonsense.

Last edited:
I agree.....*im agree with everyone today for some reason...* but yea, i seriously agree with that....and when they play the game and like it....they will seriously regret what they have just said about the game!! LMAO

some of you guys disagreeing with the first post make the wierdest posts. how does a bigger storyline not make parts of the adventure dull? theres obviously going to be some chars some of us wont want to play at all but we will have to for one reason or another and its a 2d (scrolling) fighter. id rather it stay simple then turn into total nonsense.

Well it makes you fight with more then one character to challenge you which gives you more of a reason to practice with more then one character

i love the adventure mode because it shows how most of the characters in the game came together and it's a more fun realistic way of unlocking charaters

i dont think you have to worry, just dont play adventure mode and you'll be fine. just brawl and forget about the story, the story/adventure mode is more for the SSB fans who wanted a story to go with their favourite game. if you dont like it, that shouldnt bother you.

HAY, its the smash bros we all know and love, how could a good story line hurt an already amazing game, we know the story line isnt total crap because of some of the vids we have seen. so yeah bottom line really is that if you dont like it you dont have to play it, its just an awesome feature with cool cinematics evolving on an already cool game, i dont really know how they could out do it. to me seeing characters from completely different worlds join together in one game is the coolest thing ive seen in a while for a video game, so i am pretty confident this will rock

adventure mode brings the game together it mixes the game up and hey whats wrong with SBM adventure i love the 2d scroller style that is great like seriously do you want 50 hour game time adventure mode for each person, NO adventure mode OR a sweet simple fun 2d scroller that keeps you entertained

Back