Not selling to well

DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
I seem to post a lot of topics about the WiiU dont I?

Only 160,000 Wii U consoles were sold worldwide in the quarter ending June 2013.
The staggering figure eclipses the fact that Nintendo actually posted some improved numbers for the period with net income and operating income both improving.
Net sales for the period hit ¥81,548m, down from ¥84,813m the year before. Operating losses fell from ¥10,331m last year to ¥4,924m. Last year’s net loss of ¥17,231 was reversed, resulting in net income of ¥8,624m.
But Wii U’s performance is the headline grabber here. Amazingly, Wii U was outsold by its predecessor the Wii – that shifted 210,000 units in the period. Software sales for the two machines were 1.03m and 3.67m units respectively.
Note that in the same period Microsoft sold 1m Xbox 360s. And Apple sold 31.2m iPhones.
The company still predicts 9m Wii Us in its current financial year ending March 2014.
Nintendo, as is seemingly always the way with its home consoles, blamed the lack of first party software releases for the performance. It says that it now “strives to improve sales by communicating the compelling nature of our hardware and software to as many people as possible through Miiverse”.
It added that it also strives “to improve hardware profitability by reducing its costs”.
3DS continues to perform well, at least, with hardware and software sales of 1.4m (up 12 per cent) and 11.01m (up 10 per cent) units respectively for the period.
Japan accounted for a smaller slice of Nintendo’s global sales than last year, falling from 39 per cent to 36.3 per cent. Europe grew slightly from 25.8 per cent to 26.1 per cent with America growing from 30.2 per cent to 34.4 per cent.

B
eing out sold by the Wii?
Who the bloody hell is still buying them? Its like everyone in the world has one

Well, remember 3DS's rough start? Now Everybody wants one for all the new games. Same Thing will happen for the WiiU. SSB4, New Zelda, New Mario Galaxy etc,

Yep. First party titles will obviously skyrocket U sales in due time. Not that I imagine said sales will ever match the Wii's.

Being out sold by the Wii?
Who the bloody hell is still buying them? Its like everyone in the world has one

srsly. I'm legitimately curious what group of consumers keeps the Wii's sales this high.

Funny how wii U started out exactly like 3Ds. First the got a Zelda remake and New mario game, they are both then loaded with 3rd part games, then they both get a new Smash Bros. game. I imagine they'll turn out pretty similar.

100 Million wii's and still tickin

guess it wasn't a fad.

as for wiiU sales... they will pick up once wiifit releases in DEC.

Considering not even 1 million WiiUs have been sold, no.
now you are showing your ignorance...

wiiU has sold 4Million in 8 months... it will pass the psvita(5.5M) this holiday in sales.

wiifit U will show people that nintendo is still the best when it comes to exercising while playing games.

Last edited:
This would be only the third Wii Fit game sold so far. Wii Fit U likely won't do as well this time around.
1. Much less people bought WiiUs than Wiis
2.Wii Fit was a fad. Fitness in a video game was it's wow factor. Now it's already out there and only people who really[/] want it will buy it.
3. There isn't much you can improve for a fitness game. Except add more exercises.

This would be only the third Wii Fit game sold so far. Wii Fit U likely won't do as well this time around.
1. Much less people bought WiiUs than Wiis
2.Wii Fit was a fad. Fitness in a video game was it's wow factor. Now it's already out there and only people who really[/] want it will buy it.
3. There isn't much you can improve for a fitness game. Except add more exercises.

i know it wont sell as much but as long as it sells 1 Million or maybe even much more then it is a success and will move wiiU systems. this will build momentum just like the damn 3DS did. people will start buying like crazy.

1- yes it will sell less but at least 1 Million or more after a month of release..more if it catches fire.
2. exercise isn't a fad.
3. lets see what nintendo come up with. they invented this market i am sure they will make wiiFit U the best fitness game available.

Last edited:
Exersise isn't a fad, exercise games are. You can workout without a game.
Now you're showing you're a fanboy/girl. Saying it will sell because you believe Nintendo will do it well.

Exersise isn't a fad, exercise games are. You can workout without a game.
Now you're showing you're a fanboy/girl. Saying it will sell because you believe Nintendo will do it well.
people love to exercise and im sure many would like to find new ways of adding to their routine...or new ways to make exercising fun for them or their family.
some kids hate to exercise and wiiFit could make them say. OK mom ill do it if you buy me this.

i am not sure how these things go..lol

thats just a possible scenerio.

That's my point, that isn't the way it goes because kids aren't fooled like that. They want real games and exrecise "games" won't sway them. I don't see how it's fun either. Wii Fit is only really a virtual trainer. Everything else can be found online.

Last edited:
again.. you don't get it or like it so no one else will.
sorry that not the way the world works.

Back