Not sure if this is a huge problem or not, Clarification needed

Jatycre

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2006
Wii Online Code
0360-6187-8889-2400
Ok, so I've had my Wii for a few days, and I've noticed something funny. I've been played Twilight Princess for a few days now. Whenever I'm using the pointer functionality of the Wii-Mote, if I point it at the spot on the TV that I want to aim at, it doesn't work. I have to aim it pretty much directly at the sensor bar. I've got it below my TV, and I've got the settings set to below TV. But still I have to aim it pretty much below the bar. Doesn't work if it's on top the TV either with the settings on above TV either, just makes me aim a little above the bar, but pretty much right at it. I don't know if this is something I should be worried about or not. Is it a common problem?

Last edited:
Adjusting it how exactly? I've changed it to Sensor bar below TV when it's below my TV, and to Sensor bar above TV when it's above my TV. Helped a little, but didn't fix it.

Turn on the Wii, and grab a camera, or even a cellphone cam and look at the sensor bar with it, you should have 4 leds lit on each side, if you don't, maybe the sensor bar is ****ed.

Also, try adjusting the sensetivity in the Sensor bar settings. The Wii-mote could be picking up other sources.

You can make a small amount of difference by calibrating it within Zelda, but this will only take effect while zelda is running.

From memory so might not be exactly right....

Press "+" to get to save screen, hit options, point at the (+) and press "+"

You can alter the pointer vertical offset by + or - 20 cm

If this isn't exactly right, play around, you will find that screen :)

I had the same problem while playing Zelda on my plasma, so I was forced to move the setting within Zelda to -2. Now it works fine. I then moved it to my gaming room and was forced to change it back since the television was on a stand as opposed to hanging on the wall. I have had no other issues since moving it into my gaming room... how far above/below from your TV is your sensor?

Ok, took a pic with a cell and every little light was on.

I'd try that with Zelda except the problem isn't just with Zelda, it's with anything that uses the pointer. Even the Wii channels menu.

And my sensor bar is lined up perfectly with the bottom of my TV, but it's ahead of it at the edge of the entertainment center like the manual says to do.

There is a sensor calibration screen in the Wii setup options, you could have a play with that.

A lot does depend though, on how close you are to the screen. I sit about 3 Metres from mine and it seems fine, any closer though and it's as if you have to compensate by adding an offset manually or something.

Played around with the sensitivity settings, didn't help. I've moved around from being close to the TV, to being at the back wall of my room (which is probably at least 10 feet away or so), to everywhere in between. Nothing's helped. I'm starting to think this is a problem with the Wii itself. I really don't want to send it in though, just because I don't want to lose everything on my Wii's memory.

No Smoking said:
How close do you sit to the tv?

About 3 to 4 feet away. But like I said I've played around with positioning, doesn't seem to help.

That should be far enough. Make sure the sensor bar is at the edge also if youve got a 2nd remote maybe try that because it could be a faulty remote

Kuma said:
Turn on the Wii, and grab a camera, or even a cellphone cam and look at the sensor bar with it, you should have 4 leds lit on each side, if you don't, maybe the sensor bar is ****ed.

Don't mean to interrupt, but when I look at my sensor bar with my cell phone there are 5 lights on each side instead of 4 lights..

are there different models of the sensor bar or is my cell display lying to me?

I noticed he said 4 but i desided not to say anything. There are actually 5 IR leds on each side. So theres nothing wrong with your sensor bar

Back