November 6th Wii release date?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
According to an article published in Sports Illustrated for Kids , release date for the Wii console is dated to be the 6th of November 2006.

Still no official word from Nintendo, but SI is an often very reliable and well respected publication so im thinking at the very least this is a ballpark date for the console, and also ties in with Nintendo aiming for an earlier release than the Playstation 3.

Here are a few scans from the magazine article.

Attachments

• 102_1238.jpg
    102_1238.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 651
  • 102_1242.jpg
    102_1242.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 499
i0n said:
According to an article published in Sports Illustrated for Kids , release date for the Wii console is dated to be the 6th of November 2006.

Still no official word from Nintendo, but SI is an often very reliable and well respected publication so im thinking at the very least this is a ballpark date for the console, and also ties in with Nintendo aiming for an earlier release than the Playstation 3.

Here are a few scans from the magazine article.

Thanks for the news i0n :), hopefully the 6th of November will be the world wide launch date.

I sure hope it comes out the 6th, my bday is the 13th, i can talk my parents into it possibly......

Jamma said:
Is that just US or does it come out on the same date in the UK as well ??

I believe that date is supposedly the US release date.

Im thinking it will be either the 10th or the 17th in Europe as Nintendo nearly always chooses Fridays to launch their products in Europe.

Heck, I didn't even know there was a sports illustrated for kids...just the one for adults...

I don't think that's the release date in fact I think Nintendo started that rumor to then give a big surprise and say is more earlier

Also ign says that games are slated as early as oct. 15, now I know that they made put out software first before wii, but a whole month earlier. Your not going to know what to do with yourself with a month. Some people might go mad reading the instruction booklet included with the game.

Actually now that I say it, having the software earlier is a good idea, because then you could like take your game to a store that has the wii demos, and then you could get downloads and such for your game that nobody else would have.

Although it's just a rumor, I was excited to see a potential release date quoted in a magazine...at first. Am I the only one who is starting to feel a bit washed out thinking about how many weeks there are until the release? Even though I have a very active life, it seems like time just can't pass fast enough until the Wii is released. I wonder if it might be better for the more obsessed among us to stop torturing ourselves by reading the lastest info/rumors/speculation and just put it on the back burner and wait until we read about it in the newspaper. Does anybody else feel this way?

pit18, I'm not sure what you mean about getting exclusive downloads thanks to having the hardware early. The games will be non-rewritable DVD, and even if you brought in an SD memory card and a game, I think it's doubtful that the folks running the demo would open up the display case for you to let you try it out (unless you have friends at the store or something). Also, while it's possible that the WiiConnect24 service could be accessible before the hardware goes on sale in order to showcase the online functionality, exclusive downloads would probably be tied in with an account of sorts, so even if you were able to download some content to your memory card on the store's unit, it might not work once you finally get the console. Just a thought...but if you have information that I don't, please let me know!

Back