Nunchuck acting weird (sometimes)

zephyr1080

Wii Owner
Apr 26, 2007
Ok so i'm playing some MoH:Vanguard at my friends house and all of a sudden my character keeps jumping repeatedly and i couldn't make it stop. (In vanguard, you lift the nunchuck or press c to make the character jump) So i was like wtf. So i go to the nintendo site and look at the trouble shooting for the nunchuck. It said unplugg and replugg in the nunchuck. It is suppose to re sync it so i do that. Same problem. I try like like 10 times. Switch and try it with the other remotes, same thing. I try to restart the game. Same problem. I restart the entire wii. Same problem. SO then i go back to my house the next day and try it on mine. Same problem. Then i call nintendo and see what else to do. So i turn on my wii and then the nunchuck works fine. WTF:wtf: i don't get it. Nintendo says if it happens again than they'll replace it. any idea why this is happening?

Note: i know which nunchuck it is because i marked it with tape.
Also, this has happened before but i unplugged and replugged it in and it worked. That happened a couple weeks ago.

Were you toggling the analog when you plugged it in? Try plugging in another Nunchuck. If it acts normally, then your Nunchuck may need repairs. If it acts the same, then your Wii Remote may need repairs.

my nunchuk would start walking around Link without me even touching it..so i just saved my game of course lol..then took the batteries out of my wiimote and put them back in and they worked fine after that...it may have had something to do with what Tails Mcloud was saying: ..."Were you toggling the analog when you plugged it in?"....good luck though!

i wasn't toggling the analog, i saw that tip on the website. if it happens again, i'll try taking out the batteries and putting them back in. Thanks

haha..np..yeh..taking out the batteries seemed to do it for me...but i dont no the original reason why it happened...but w.e....mine works now..all the best for yours!

Back