Nunchuck Problem

Tacos

Banned
Nov 15, 2006
So one of my nunchuck's seems to be a little broken. I was playing Zelda, and when I would take my thumb off of the controller, I would end up walking forward. It is like the controller is stuck on forward. I can move in other directions, and if I press it forward, I run. I bought it at Best Buy less than a month ago, and still have the receipt. I don't think they have any more though. What should I do?

Not sure if it's the same for Wii, but for past systems if you start the machine and accidentally hold the pad in a certain direction, the cursor will lean that way by default. For instance, if you start the machine holding left on the joystick, Link will walk left when not touching anything on the controller. Not sure how else to explain it really. Try restarting and making sure that you aren't holding the joystick in any direction. If that doesn't work, try unplugging and replugging the nunchuck.

WiiLink said:
Not sure if it's the same for Wii, but for past systems if you start the machine and accidentally hold the pad in a certain direction, the cursor will lean that way by default. For instance, if you start the machine holding left on the joystick, Link will walk left when not touching anything on the controller. Not sure how else to explain it really. Try restarting and making sure that you aren't holding the joystick in any direction. If that doesn't work, try unplugging and replugging the nunchuck.

Thats your problem
Does it on my PS2 all the time. So resrart it and it'll be fine. If not take it back lol

Good work WiiLink

Thanks, I'll try that when I get back to where my Wii is.

i havent had this problem with my wii, but it did happen with my psp, it too do with the calibration, rotate the controller in both direction, and all should be okay.

Similar event happened to me a few times. I just reconnect my Wiimotes and all is well again.

I have the same problem.....although I just unplug my numchuck then reconnect it.

instead of resetting your system or unplugging the nunchuck, rest the nunchuck on the floor or somewhere where the joystick is not moved and on the wii mote hold down the + - A B buttons together for about 6 seconds and it will reset to the native configuration

With my N64, I got a gold controller. But it always moved to the right, and killed our SSB characters! We called it "the cursed gold controller". Also, on my GCN, I have all Wirless controllers, and if the joystick is moved before it's turned on, it slants. It's a pretty common thing, so I would just restart the nunchuk.:thumbsup:

hEY dude remember with the nintendo 64?? bloooooww!!!! and it will work...or restart lol......or just take it back to the store!! LOL

:shifty:

Heheh, I remember when this happenned on the old consoles...

Basically whenever you start up, the console sets a default position for the controllers joystick, and that default position is when the X and Y factors are both "0", basically this means nothing will happen when the joystick is in it's default position.

If you were to lean the controller to the side a bit like others have said here, the default position would be when the joystick is tilted to the left/right/top/whatever position you accidentally leaned it to when you turned the console on, which's why when you leave the joystick in the center, the character moves, because that is no longer the default pos.

So yeah, unplug the controller and re-plug, it always helps to know why these things happen.

Back