Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nunchuk ......do you need four?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by nintendude49, Sep 19, 2006.

1. nintendude49

nintendude49 WiiChat Member

Hey, since before sept 14, ive always thought that the wiimote and the nunchuk would be sold together. But now it seems that u will buy the wii-mote for 40, and the nunchuk for 20. That's a bit pricey against what i was expecting (the GC controllers were around 26 apiece)

So it really hurts the budget. But my question is, is what multiplayer games will need more than one nunchuk?

2. Cyan Winters

Cyan Winters WiiChat Member

If your friends don't have their own Wii, what kind of friends are they?

But I'd imagine any multiplayer game you intend to play in person with friends will require a nunchuk for each player. (For games that use it)

3. Squall7

Squall7 A li'l bit different

Wii Friend Code: 8420-0141-9022-6948
    8420-0141-9022-6948

Well, to be fair, it's a better idea to sell them seperately. I mean, what if the nunchaku attachment on one got broke, of the wiimote itself? At least you won't have to buy the entire thing again. Likwise, some games only require the remote to function. Why increase the cost for somebody that won't use a certain attachment anyway? I'd love to know where you could get Gamecube contollers for that cheap.

Well, this is a hard question considering, there are many games out there that haven't specified if they even have a multiplayer yet. If I were you, I'd buy some core remotes, and save up for the nunchaku attachments later (if you're mainly going to play multiplayer on games that only use the wiimote. If you plan to play multiplayer with games that need the nunchaku attachment, then get an extra wiimote and attachment, and just get some friends to bring their own wiimotes. While they're at it, they can bring along their Mii's too.

4. nintendude49

I guess its fine that they sold them separately, but hey, thats still very pricey. 40 $ total would have been fine but 60$? Seems abit too much for a console thats supposed to be 'for the family'.

But when i asked if four nunchuks were necessary, i meant for games that have multiplayer in them like, Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, Call of Duty 3, or just any of them that are confirmed. There's alist of the launch titles here

Well, come to think of it.....are there any games that for sure need four nunchuks?

nowadays u could just buy an original one for 15 $ on ebay, but gamestop sells them for 25 new. They've always been 26 at gamestop since they came out.

Back when the gamecube was at its coolest, who regularly ran around with their GC stuff? Only the ppl that had them......

5. Cyan Winters

My point is if they don't have a Wii, they shouldn't be your friends.

6. BlightedArt

BlightedArt vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv

PLEASE can I quote that in my sig? :lol:

7. Squall7

8420-0141-9022-6948

True. I was quite surprised by the cost of both the controllers and the console itself, but it's still not enough to put me off (and also the fact that it's Britain is ripping us off, rather than Nintendo's fault). Still what they promised for US. Good job they didn't originally commit to a price for the UK launch...

O rite. I see. I'm thinking some of the "simpler" games such as Wii sports, Super Monkey Ball and probably Wario Ware would not require nunchaku attachments.

True. There's always something cheap going on ebay. I don't have a paypal account personally though. On the high-street though (in Britain at least), they're quite expensive. Usually around £20 each or something. My fiance still kicks herself because she missed out on an opportunity to buy a bright orange Gamecube controller...

8. Cyan Winters

Absolutely, as long as the artist is given credit for his masterpeice. :cool:

9. BlightedArt

BlightedArt vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv

Done, and done. :)

10. ghghgh14702

ghghgh14702 Hero of Time

most games will probably need the nunchuk to play except the majority of Wii sports/Wii play games since the analog stick is on the nunchuk and you use that for movement on most games, and the movement on the nunchuk is also used quite a bit on some games, make your friends get thier own controller atleast, tell then its only $60 and thier mii will be stored in it for anyone else they are leaching Wii playtime off of.

11. Jakobthelyre

Jakobthelyre WiiChat Member

i know seriously, you need new friends if they dont have the wii.

and no i dont think you would be needing to buy any more than 3 wii motes, and 1 nunchaku device. it says that most of the games are 2 player, and even most of those games that are multiplayer dont even use the nunchuck device. for example, wii sports, excite truck...warioware?!

12. nintendude49

There'll be four of us playing Red Steel all the time, and Ubisoft seems to be saying that its multiplayer will be impressive. So if its any good, its gonna have the nunchuk, probably. So its full controllers all the way.

and my friends gonna pay for his own controller/nunchuk.

13. King Wiired

King Wiired HITLER ME JEZ

Wii Friend Code: 8756-4872-6334-8478
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    I don't think barely any of my friends are gonna get a Wii, just coz they don't know much about it and see it as a kiddies console, but when they come round mine to play in the future, that'll probably persuade a couple to get it too.
    On Topic : Was wondering it myself, and havent got a flaming clue :crazy:

14. nintendowiigaming.piczo

Wii Friend Code: 6319-9882-8659-0638
    6319-9882-8659-0638
    the price? hallo!! it's a lot inside it! it's a new type of controller!
    i'd rather spend 250 $ more ! it's not to pricy eigteer,
    if u think about what's in it;) memory, sensor, buttons and speaker!

15. nintendude49

Yeah, my budget can afford it i guess, but the thing that really got me is that, Nintendo keeps saying that it'll be for everyone, and nice a cheap. 250, not bad at all compared to ps3, but then they announce the controller and nunchuk stuff. for just the console, wii sports, and for full controllers your looking at 430$............I mean you pay more for a controller than a game.

Yes, its still better than the xbox 360 and ps3, but it just seems abit contrary to what they were saying.

Don't get me wrong, Nintendo is by far the coolest. its always had the best games (Nintendo has Mario,DK, Zelda, Metroid, and the like, Whats Microsoft or Sony have?

16. Sam_Harris

Sam_Harris ******

Wii Friend Code: 8426-6514-9175-8079
    8426-6514-9175-8079
    but i dont think any realises the technology that is in the wii mote it is way more complicated then a normal game pad just the speaker it self will cost a bit to have the cirsuits and actual speaker in and it has to send messages wirelessy and also the rumble so yeah you have to consider that before baggin out the price

17. Squall7

8420-0141-9022-6948
    It's almost been a mission of mine to tell people about the Wii. I've converted quite a few people now, just by explaining how to play, what games are like, online functionality etc...

Heck I even told my mum and dad (don't like computer games), and even they seemed a little interested. Once I go over there for xmas (hopefully), I will take my Wii along with me, and let them give it a spin! :yesnod:

I think it's more of the combinations and application of numerous technological devices. Each one (I think) has been in something else, but never in a games console controller. With all that kit all in one remote, you can see how it comes to £30. Also, you can see how the nunchaku and the classic controller comes in at half the price.

Still, Nintendo lived up to their price promise. Heck, even if they said "No games, no controllers, no cables, no stand" and still have it $250, then they'd still have kept their promise (but admittidly lost a few customers). In the end, it's still a good deal. I think any speculation (due to the nature of the revolutionary Wii console) will be overblown, and become a little dissapointing when given shape in reality (holographic projector?).

#17 Squall7, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  18. nintendowiigaming.piczo

Wii Friend Code: 6319-9882-8659-0638
    6319-9882-8659-0638
    yeah i understand what u mean...:yesnod:

19. spiketmr

spiketmr WiiChat Member

my brother doesnt want to sending $60 for the wiimote and controll...but he will probably get it anyway :)

20. brunosundov1

brunosundov1 WiiChat Member

the nintendo website said there would be ports for gamecube controllers. my budget is pretty tight, so could i play the new games using my old controllers?