Nunchuk ......do you need four?

nintendude49

WiiChat Member
Sep 19, 2006
Hey, since before sept 14, ive always thought that the wiimote and the nunchuk would be sold together. But now it seems that u will buy the wii-mote for 40, and the nunchuk for 20. That's a bit pricey against what i was expecting (the GC controllers were around 26 apiece)

So it really hurts the budget. But my question is, is what multiplayer games will need more than one nunchuk?

If your friends don't have their own Wii, what kind of friends are they?

But I'd imagine any multiplayer game you intend to play in person with friends will require a nunchuk for each player. (For games that use it)

nintendude49 said:
Hey, since before sept 14, ive always thought that the wiimote and the nunchuk would be sold together. But now it seems that u will buy the wii-mote for 40, and the nunchuk for 20. That's a bit pricey against what i was expecting (the GC controllers were around 26 apiece)

Well, to be fair, it's a better idea to sell them seperately. I mean, what if the nunchaku attachment on one got broke, of the wiimote itself? At least you won't have to buy the entire thing again. Likwise, some games only require the remote to function. Why increase the cost for somebody that won't use a certain attachment anyway? I'd love to know where you could get Gamecube contollers for that cheap.

So it really hurts the budget. But my question is, is what multiplayer games will need more than one nunchuk?
Well, this is a hard question considering, there are many games out there that haven't specified if they even have a multiplayer yet. If I were you, I'd buy some core remotes, and save up for the nunchaku attachments later (if you're mainly going to play multiplayer on games that only use the wiimote. If you plan to play multiplayer with games that need the nunchaku attachment, then get an extra wiimote and attachment, and just get some friends to bring their own wiimotes. While they're at it, they can bring along their Mii's too.

Squall7 said:
Well, to be fair, it's a better idea to sell them seperately. I mean, what if the nunchaku attachment on one got broke, of the wiimote itself? At least you won't have to buy the entire thing again. Likwise, some games only require the remote to function. Why increase the cost for somebody that won't use a certain attachment anyway?

I guess its fine that they sold them separately, but hey, thats still very pricey. 40 $ total would have been fine but 60$? Seems abit too much for a console thats supposed to be 'for the family'.

But when i asked if four nunchuks were necessary, i meant for games that have multiplayer in them like, Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, Call of Duty 3, or just any of them that are confirmed. There's alist of the launch titles here

Well, come to think of it.....are there any games that for sure need four nunchuks?

Squall7 said:
I'd love to know where you could get Gamecube contollers for that cheap.

nowadays u could just buy an original one for 15 $ on ebay, but gamestop sells them for 25 new. They've always been 26 at gamestop since they came out.

Cyan Winters said:

Back when the gamecube was at its coolest, who regularly ran around with their GC stuff? Only the ppl that had them......

nintendude49 said:
Back when the gamecube was at its coolest, who regularly ran around with their GC stuff? Only the ppl that had them......

My point is if they don't have a Wii, they shouldn't be your friends.

nintendude49 said:
I guess its fine that they sold them separately, but hey, thats still very pricey. 40 $ total would have been fine but 60$? Seems abit too much for a console thats supposed to be 'for the family'.

True. I was quite surprised by the cost of both the controllers and the console itself, but it's still not enough to put me off (and also the fact that it's Britain is ripping us off, rather than Nintendo's fault). Still what they promised for US. Good job they didn't originally commit to a price for the UK launch...

But when i asked if four nunchuks were necessary, i meant for games that have multiplayer in them like, Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, Call of Duty 3, or just any of them that are confirmed. There's alist of the launch titles here

O rite. I see. I'm thinking some of the "simpler" games such as Wii sports, Super Monkey Ball and probably Wario Ware would not require nunchaku attachments.

nowadays u could just buy an original one for 15 $ on ebay, but gamestop sells them for 25 new. They've always been 26 at gamestop since they came out.
True. There's always something cheap going on ebay. I don't have a paypal account personally though. On the high-street though (in Britain at least), they're quite expensive. Usually around £20 each or something. My fiance still kicks herself because she missed out on an opportunity to buy a bright orange Gamecube controller...

most games will probably need the nunchuk to play except the majority of Wii sports/Wii play games since the analog stick is on the nunchuk and you use that for movement on most games, and the movement on the nunchuk is also used quite a bit on some games, make your friends get thier own controller atleast, tell then its only $60 and thier mii will be stored in it for anyone else they are leaching Wii playtime off of.

Cyan Winters said:

i know seriously, you need new friends if they dont have the wii.

and no i dont think you would be needing to buy any more than 3 wii motes, and 1 nunchaku device. it says that most of the games are 2 player, and even most of those games that are multiplayer dont even use the nunchuck device. for example, wii sports, excite truck...warioware?!

There'll be four of us playing Red Steel all the time, and Ubisoft seems to be saying that its multiplayer will be impressive. So if its any good, its gonna have the nunchuk, probably. So its full controllers all the way.

and my friends gonna pay for his own controller/nunchuk.

I don't think barely any of my friends are gonna get a Wii, just coz they don't know much about it and see it as a kiddies console, but when they come round mine to play in the future, that'll probably persuade a couple to get it too.
On Topic : Was wondering it myself, and havent got a flaming clue :crazy:

the price? hallo!! it's a lot inside it! it's a new type of controller!
i'd rather spend 250 $ more ! it's not to pricy eigteer,
if u think about what's in it;) memory, sensor, buttons and speaker!

nintendowiigaming.piczo said:
the price? hallo!! it's a lot inside it! it's a new type of controller!
i'd rather spend 250 $ more ! it's not to pricy eigteer,
if u think about what's in it;) memory, sensor, buttons and speaker!

Yeah, my budget can afford it i guess, but the thing that really got me is that, Nintendo keeps saying that it'll be for everyone, and nice a cheap. 250, not bad at all compared to ps3, but then they announce the controller and nunchuk stuff. for just the console, wii sports, and for full controllers your looking at 430$............I mean you pay more for a controller than a game.

Yes, its still better than the xbox 360 and ps3, but it just seems abit contrary to what they were saying.

Don't get me wrong, Nintendo is by far the coolest. its always had the best games (Nintendo has Mario,DK, Zelda, Metroid, and the like, Whats Microsoft or Sony have?

Back