Nyko introduces first third-party Wii guitar

SantaClaws

Go Win a Darwin Award
Sep 25, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
7210-0959-6535-8841
Before I start, I'd like to point out that it would be really nice if Guitar Hero had it's own sub-thread

any game with good online should have one T_T

anyway...here's the guitar

tele010808.jpg

Nyko showed off some new accessories for the Wii and other systems (but most importantly the Wii) at the CES trade show. The company offered some more concrete information about the release of their Wireless Nunchuck, specifying a Q1 2008 release window and $30 price point for this product.

Their other Wii peripheral is something that fills a very important need in the Wii accessory lineup: a standalone Guitar Hero III controller. The Nyko Frontman Wireless Guitar is a wireless (obviously) controller styled after the Fender Telecaster. This guitar should be out in March or April -- a few months and fifty dollars are the only things between you and rocking out with a second player. Unless Activision beats them to the punch with their own standalone guitars, in which case some other amounts of time and money will be required.

Source::: http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/01/08/nyko-introduces-first-third-party-wii-guitar/

i'm hoping the price on the guitar will be around the 30 or 40 dollar range...considering we have to pay an extra 40 bucks to supply OUR OWN WIIMOTES. sheesh.

the colour is ugly but I like how the fret buttons aren't couloured straight on but rather facing you

like Rock Band

AoWFraggit said:
i'm hoping the price on the guitar will be around the 30 or 40 dollar range...considering we have to pay an extra 40 bucks to supply OUR OWN WIIMOTES. sheesh.

The article says it'll be $50. Rip-off, I know. But it's still cheaper than the Activision one, and I like the looks of this one better.

I actually REALLY like this guitar. The butterscotch blonde Tele is timeless.

Finally, a good company that puts out good third-party products doing the wii guitar.

Back