Nyko Kama nunchuk wireless controller

Boomer

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2009
Does anybody have the Nyko Kama nunchuk wireless controller? Amazon has them as their game deal of the day, and I'm tempted to buy one because I tend to get a little excitable during boxing games and wind up getting tangled up in the nunchuk cord.

I've read mixed reviews about the things. Gaming sites seem to like it, but a lot of users say there's lag and disconnects that affect gameplay.

Just wondering if anyone has any real world experience before buying.

Thanks in advance.

I made the mistake to buy a kama, I deeply regret it.

Yes their's lag and depending of wich game you play it can be very very annoying.

Driving in GodFather became nearly impossible.

It seem that the kama is not compatible with MKW you can even navigate the menu with it.

I also try it with Metroid and Tomb Raider, it'was ok but their's still some small lag that can be very annoying...

Anyhow I recommend avoiding the kama!

Last edited:
I have both a Kama and an Icon wireless adapter (one of the shells that turns the wired nunchuk into a wireless). I have never experienced any lag or disconnects whatsoever with either of them. If the cord bothers you in some games, then a wireless might be good for you. Make sure to get some rechargeable batteries if you decide to get one.

*Edit: I'd just thought I'd mention that you're most likely going to get the same sort of responses here as everywhere else you have read about it. It's the same thing as asking whether a particular game is any good. Some people will say yay, some people will say nay. If you're really unsure about something being any good, it would be best to purchase one at a brick-and-mortar store, so if you are unhappy with it's performance, you can return it for a refund.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses.

If you're really unsure about something being any good, it would be best to purchase one at a brick-and-mortar store, so if you are unhappy with it's performance, you can return it for a refund.

You're right... I probably will get the same responses here that I see elsewhere on the internet. The only reason I buy from Amazon so much is their sales... the Kama is $14.99 today, down from the regular price of $35 or thereabouts. That's cheaper than the Wii wired nunchuk.

I saw the same mixed responses for the Nyko power pack for the Wii Fit -- some people hated it, some people loved it. But Amazon had it for $4.98, so I took a chance and so far it's been working out great. (Sometimes I think I sound like an Amazon shill, but when they run a sale, they really run a sale.) Anyway, they've been pretty good about the few returns I've made.

Still not sure what to do. I want to get another Wii remote, and, if nothing else, it would be nice to already have another nunchuk for it.

Last edited:
Back