Oblivion: The Dark Brotherhood

sherwood3570

infused
May 20, 2007
Michigan
Wii Online Code
1830-2062-7374-0757
Do you become a vampire after joining the Dark Brotherhood? Everytime I travel somewhere or wait for an amount of time I end up dying when the loading screen dissappears. Whats the deal?

No, you don't need to become a vampire. But if you already did, then that maybe why you are dying. You can't be in the sun because you die overtime and if you travel and it becomes day you could die when it finish loading.

Well you can become a vampire through the dark brotherhood, if you complete enough quests. As stated, you most probably already have the vampire disease. Look at your spells page in your inventory, and go to active spells I think. Well the vampire disease is called "Porphiric Hemophilia", so if that is one of the active spells, then you have the disease.

You can do a certain quest to get rid of the disease, but it is fairly long and difficult to complete.

There are alot of advantages to being a vampire though. After I accidently became infected in a cave full of vampires I just let it be and used it for strength boost and resistance. But you will miss the daylight :)

Oh don't get me wrong, there are major advantages to becoming a vampire, like your increased strength, increased speed, and you get certain spells like night eye, reign of terror and more. The more days you go without feeding, the more powerful you become. Although the drawbacks increase in damage as well, the sun is more damaging, people won't even interact with you because you look different, so it's kind of balanced.

After the first few quests the dark brotherhood guy will ask you if you want to become a vampire, I don't know the name of it but I think there's a potion to cure it.

No you can't cure the disease with a potion after 3 days. Yes you can cure yourself before then if you have a cure disease potion. The name of the dark brotherhood member who offers the position of a vampire to you is Vicente Valtieri, who is a vampire himself.

I'm actually having trouble fully enjoying Oblivion. I think I had much more fun playing Morrowind. I'm only at level 8 and I'm alread Grand Champion of the Arena, Guildmaster of the Fighters Guild and honcho of the Thieves Guild. I've delayed the quest because I know how short TES quests can be.

Maybe I'm just missing out on things though... Can I join some sort of Gov't or committee? I remember being able to join House of Hlaalu in Morrowind. I was even able to have my own manor built for me and actually check on the progress of it's construction.

I've already became an expert in blade and like two other things. I have the Umbra sword and armor, sometimes I use Orcish aswell. I'm also beggining to just use the armor I think looks the best for a challenge.

I was thinking about finding every side quest I have completed. I don't know, does anyone have any suggestions?

sherwood3570 said:
I'm actually having trouble fully enjoying Oblivion. I think I had much more fun playing Morrowind. I'm only at level 8 and I'm alread Grand Champion of the Arena, Guildmaster of the Fighters Guild and honcho of the Thieves Guild. I've delayed the quest because I know how short TES quests can be.

Maybe I'm just missing out on things though... Can I join some sort of Gov't or committee? I remember being able to join House of Hlaalu in Morrowind. I was even able to have my own manor built for me and actually check on the progress of it's construction.

I've already became an expert in blade and like two other things. I have the Umbra sword and armor, sometimes I use Orcish aswell. I'm also beggining to just use the armor I think looks the best for a challenge.

I was thinking about finding every side quest I have completed. I don't know, does anyone have any suggestions?

How low is your difficulty? You can just go to options and raise it a couple of notches for a challenge.

about that vampire stuff, you can contract the disease but it wont take affect untill you sleep. If you want to get ride of it, go to a church and pray asap.

You can't cure it with A Potion or praying after 3 days , that was already said.

Back