Odd things about Multi-Player

modette

WiiChat Member
Mar 16, 2011
Colorado
Online Mult-player Goldeneye
Just a pet peeve, but I have had to quit a few times because no one was actually playing the game. In this I mean they are wussies that camp sniping people running to capture the devices. No talent in that what so ever.

I had it where these two dudes were waiting at unattained devices just killing people for easy kills, obviously I took them out, but they go right back to it. I played the game for a bit because it was sad, I would have like 15 kills and 33 objective points and get some good XP. I notice both teams typically had people not running around. Then I got these idiots on my team looking right at the device but would never capture one, I would run up and capture and they just hang out in the one area around that same device while the other team was getting them all.

What's the point in playing if you are just going to stand in one spot (camp) and not even play the game? Why even play Goldeneye or blackbox??? I don't understand, and notice this happens a lot. Yeah it makes for easy kills when I enter a room and your just standing there looking at the device all 2+ of you but its not fun for me even if I get easy kills.

Hereos, Golden Gun, Team Conflict, Black Box
Why do people run to the same areas on these maps? Docks its always the boat house. Archives its always that upstairs room...LOL Its stupid and has become predictable. Each map its the same old deal. Nightclub, lets all run upstairs and gather in that one area with the two stairs and the long hall to the main club. I just don't get it. For Black Box I purposely been taking the box to OTHER areas...which is funny because people will take it back to that stupid "lets all hang out there" area. Can someone explain? For the Jungle its always that little connecting hall to the upstairs area...which is funny because every game I have played and someone carries the BB to that area, the box gets destroyed as it is easier to blow it up *go figure*. So no its not a tactical advantage...maybe for the noob that runs in not knowing you get an easy kill.

Just some pet peeves...I'm only level 18 and I am getting sick of the game...how the heck did people get to level 50 without cheating? There needs to be more levels to this game. They should of did this game as multi-player online only with 100's of levels.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I HATE it in BB when you get stuck with sucky teammates who wouldn't know common sense if it hit them in the head. I once played a round in the Outpost and was on the Janus team, I grab the BB and start heading towards that big overhang on the building with the satellite, you know the one. I get it about 3/4 up the stairs before getting killed, so I head back, but another teammate beats me too it. But he doesn't continue going up the stairs. Oh no, he starts heading down the stairs over to the building where everyone always camps in the upstairs room. Of course, we lose the game because he brings the box right out into the open again.

And it's even worse when no one on your team knows how to shoot. If I'm trying to hack a console and a low-level teammate with a Kallos Grenadier is guarding me. I can bet you my life's savings that if someone rushes in and starts shooting while I'm still hacking, my teammate won't move, let alone shoot, or make any attempt to protect me, leaving me to interrupt the download in order to save my own ass.

Oh, and as for the level 50's, it's either because people have too much time on their hands :shifty:, or because they cheated. Most cheaters still suck even with good weapons though, so they aren't a problem.

I was thinking the points should be a lot heavier to get the Goldeneye devices and a lot lower for killing people, maybe 20XP per capture, or doubles with back to back captures...as the point is to play a capture the flag style game more so then a 'lets just run around and kill players', which to me is more of a by-product of the main game.

Same deal last night, people just camping instead of capturing devices. So I went and played Golden Gun & Heros instead.

I wonder if the developers of this game spent anytime playing product testing it. Its fun don't get me wrong but there are a lot of flaws and there could be a lot of improvements made.

Another pet peeve, a dude on my team kept following me in the Jungle level...it was annoying, I was going from cover to cover and turn and here he is standing right up...I would run away and crouch and here he comes looking at me like he has no clue if I am friend or foe and relying on the Green/Red cross hairs...LOL

Oh, and as for the level 50's, it's either because people have too much time on their hands :shifty:, or because they cheated. Most cheaters still suck even with good weapons though, so they aren't a problem.

Yeah "cheaters" do not bother me too much unless it be a drastic cheat, or they exploit a game flaw...dude kill me through the train wall, gun came through and bam I was dead but I could not shoot him as he was on the other side...not sure if a cheat or an exploit.

But yeah I hate to know how much time some kid put into playing to get to level 50 and is more explainable then some adult (an adult it makes me very sad)...they need more real life friends. It would take me years to get to level 50 assuming I just don't stop playing for 6 months. And all the bragging I see here on getting mega XP per round I just have not seen, I think the most has been 1700 someone got in one game...my record is 1025XP in a match...Even most level 50's I have seen I would say average around 600 points a match. Makes me wonder on some of the claims....

Back