Of course more than four players is possible

Takeela22 said:
Nintendo were going to make it a 16 player game but i don't know why they changed it

I don't think wii has the power, also only 8 controllers can be connected at once. 4 wii motes and 4 gamecube controllers.

Although, I wouldn't say there is no chance for an extra peripheral in the future that would allow for up to 8 wiimotes to be connected at once.

I mean 16 players playing online matches at the same. So 16 players in one online match

Chicagoan said:
The sandbag? Rolf... can you do something with that white thing? :lol:

Yeah all you can do is jump around. If you move around too much the game freezes :lol:

FRuMMaGe said:
I don't think wii has the power, also only 8 controllers can be connected at once. 4 wii motes and 4 gamecube controllers.

Although, I wouldn't say there is no chance for an extra peripheral in the future that would allow for up to 8 wiimotes to be connected at once.
Doesn't have the power!?!? That would make sense if we was talking about the NES/SNES, but even those systems had enough beef to animate 16 sprites on the screen. Come on now, the chips that power the Wii isn't made by Frito-Lay. :lol:

Who says 16 players has to be played locally? Shesh, I know there is limited Wi-Fi game support but doesn't mean that it's not capable.

You sure you are not one of those aggressive PS3/360 fan boys masquerading with a Nintendo character? Have some faith in that little Wii, it's got more under the hood than you realize obviously.

KrisKhaos said:
Doesn't have the power!?!? That would make sense if we was talking about the NES/SNES, but even those systems had enough beef to animate 16 sprites on the screen. Come on now, the chips that power the Wii isn't made by Frito-Lay. :lol:

Who says 16 players has to be played locally? Shesh, I know there is limited Wi-Fi game support but doesn't mean that it's not capable.

You sure you are not one of those aggressive PS3/360 fan boys masquerading with a Nintendo character? Have some faith in that little Wii, it's got more under the hood than you realize obviously.

Remember how specific and fast paced SSBM was? Well if just 1 of the 16 people playing online has a bad internet connection, the entire match would be horrible and laggy.

FRuMMaGe said:
Remember how specific and fast paced SSBM was? Well if just 1 of the 16 people playing online has a bad internet connection, the entire match would be horrible and laggy.
Never played Melee - it's on it's way however. :lol:

Agree with the network lag being a potential problem, however hardware wise the Wii can handle it. I disagree that Nintendo can't come up with enough color schemes to allow 16 of the same character at the same time however, the idea of having 16 players all at once would get very messy.

Regardless of the mess it would still be interesting to see, and even if it was added and people didn't like it that just means it would be less people utilizing this option. It's not like you would be REQUIRED to have all 16 characters going at once to play.

I say if it doesn't delay the game any farther than what is already present I say "more the merrier". :)

KrisKhaos said:
I disagree that Nintendo can't come up with enough color schemes to allow 16 of the same character at the same time however, the idea of having 16 players all at once would get very messy.

I know. I agree.

lets just turn Brawl into a MMO and have 150 v 150 people at the same time on a tiny little stage now that would be fun=D
nah seriously 8 players would be fun as!

Back