Off-Broadway Play Based on Wii Games Opens Next Week!

Wii News

Wii News Blog
Oct 10, 2009

Kotaku has a fantastic story today about the Ars Nova theatre company in New York, which is about to present a stage show called The Wii Plays, which will run from February 1-11th at the Ars Nova theatre on 511 West 54th Street, New York, with tickets costing $15. Here’s Ars Nova’s blurb about the show:

“New York’s hottest emerging playwrights springboard off the wild titles of Nintendo Wii games to create a night of short plays with an arcade spin. Joined by a killer live band, it’s game night Ars Nova style!”

Kotaku has managed to find the complete listing of all the games that the short plays have been based around, and it really does make the mind boggle! I, in particular, would love to see the play based on Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games!:

• Wii Tennis by Molly Smith Metzler, directed by Lila Neugebauer
  • Barbie as the Island Princess by Tasha Gordon-Solmon, directed by Lila Neugebauer
  • Let’s Tap by Janine Nabers, directed by Portia Krieger
  • Marvel Superhero Squad by Chad Beckim, directed by Stephen Brackett
  • Buck Fever by Samuel D. Hunter, directed by Portia Krieger
  • Alien Monster Bowling League by Matthew Lopez, directed by Laura Savia
  • Tomb Raider: Anniversary by Kara Lee Corthron, directed by Laura Savia
  • Burger Island by Gregory Moss, directed by Portia Krieger
  • All Star Cheer Squad by Jenny Connell, directed by Laura Savia
  • Sword Play: Speed Slice by Kristoffer Diaz, directed by Lila Neugebauer
  • Bob the Builder: Festival of Fun by Amy Herzog, directed by Stephen Brackett
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games by Joe Tracz, directed by Stephen Brackett

WTF?, well, it could turn out to be a good set of plays, but, Barbie?, Bob the Builder?, I think I,ll only would like to see the Mario (and Sonic) one xD

Post Tought: Better not.

Back