Offical Endless Ocean Q&A

flight1991

STOP IT!
Sep 1, 2007
Wii Online Code
6396-1679-5264-9815
ok first,
-How many creatures r in Endless Ocean,
-How far r u alowed to travle away from ur ship (far or not very far)
-Is the game time real life time
-And in general a rating of the game

flight1991 said:
ok first,
-How many creatures r in Endless Ocean,
-How far r u alowed to travle away from ur ship (far or not very far)
-Is the game time real life time
-And in general a rating of the game

-There are a lot. Not sure on the numbers, but it's probably well over 100. Each of those you can meet 3 seperate times to learn 3 new things, so some of the rarer fish will take a while to learn all about them.

-Decently far, it draws a circle around your boat about 4-6 map-squares big. It's not huge, but definately not small. A stable mixture somewhere in between.

-It's real game time. Time seems to pass normally, but after about 3 dives the sun goes down. It's more like working in real time, but on a 2 hour clock instead of 24.

-I give it a 8.5/10. I can think of a lot of improvements to be made for a sequil, but really the only thing that holds this version back is lack of voice chat when online.

- If you go into your cabin, there is a a book with all the species. They're all black outlines when you start, and the fill in the actual fish when you've found it. There are 40 pages in this book, and it ranges from 4-2 fish on each page.

- You'll definitely hit the edge of your diving area once in a while when you're diving, but its not like a tiny area. Its mostly because you tend to swim in one direction rather than in a circle within the area. I think the map is divided into about 20x15 squares. You can swim in about a 4x6 area at once. Thats a pretty rough estimate.

- In game time doesn't translate to real life time like in animal crossing games for example. Like someone said a day is like 2-3 hours in the game. There is a clock in your cabin also which allows you to "rest" and advance time to night or day.

- I'd give it an 8.3/10. My only complaint is it is hard to communicate over wifi. I've played about 13-15 hours and there is only a small portion I haven't explored yet, mostly because I've been diving in areas more than once and wanna leave some unexplored area for when I'm in the mood to explore. I wish the map was a bit bigger cause its more fun to explore new areas. However, that being said there are still a lot of fish I haven't seen yet.

What's the online like on the game? Any new fish to explore when you go for a dive with your friends online?

I dont think so.. im gettin the game soon so i could be wrong

Lastking23 said:
What's the online like on the game? Any new fish to explore when you go for a dive with your friends online?

Same fish, I believe it defaults to the host's "discovered species" so if you've seen something in your game they haven't seen it'll show up as undiscovered. I'm guessing that whatever you discover the host gets discovered too while you're swimming together. Not sure though.

im gettin the game later today, in about 1h or so.. yay, can I have budds??

Back