An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
I cant be the only one looking forward to this game

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40745.html

Punch out is the title to the next game in the Punch-Out!! series, and it will be a re-imagining of the NES Punch-Out!!, with new and old characters, new moves and a bit of a deeper storyline. It will be developed by Canadian developer Next Level Games and released on the Wii. It was first revealed at Nintendo's conference on October 2, 2008. It is slated for a May 18, 2009 release. Glass Joe, Von Kaiser, and King Hippo are all shown as opponents of the Minor Circuit, and the boxart shows a new opponent named Disco Kid. In an interview on October 9th, Charlie Scibetta, Senior Director of Corporate Communications for Nintendo of America, confirmed motion control will be used in this game. Nintendo of America announced that NES controls using the Wii Remote on its side will be available. Wii Balance Board support has also been confirmed.
Shigeru Miyamoto, best known for his work in the Mario and Zelda series, will serve as the game's producer
Release date(s) NA May 18, 2009, EU May 22, 2009
Mode(s) Single-player, Multiplayer
Input methods Wii Remote, Nunchuk, Wii Balance Board,

It can be played n the classic way witch will make it interesting

Balance board?
Will it be used for dodging or adding more power to your punchies?

Edit-
Multiplayer details
punchoutmultiplayer.jpg

medium_3465865563_58b6877eab_o.jpg

medium_3466680360_aef5eff4a8_o.jpg

medium_3466680296_b28cec2735_o.jpg

Link

Last edited:
Game of the Year contender. I can already feel my arms hurting. Hopefully the motion-punching is responsive unlike Wii sports boxing. If it is then it will be GOTY for real.

I'm looking forward to this game. I'm very happy the release is planned for May, I didn't expect it that soon :)

I have high hopes. I am hoping its as fun as the original. If nintendo does it right, it will be a sick game with awesome sales/reviews.

2 Wiimotes with MotionPlus would be a knockout!!

But no such news has been announced :(

2 Wiimotes with MotionPlus would be a knockout!!

But no such news has been announced :(
Two Wiimotes + Balance board sounds like fun
Movement wont be a issue
It never has been in Punchout

hey opitekk, i dont like how the d-pad on the wiimote is so small for nes games. they should have made it bigger no?

I think this will be a first for Nintendo
A game getting a PAL release a week after the US one

yayip7.gif

YAY

Let us hope its not shite then

It looks way too easy. I hope there's difficulty settings, and online play. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out and Super Punch-Out were ridiculously hard but they rewarded the player for better times and such, but the game industry has grown and we need more than a dozen+ matches to keep us on a game.

They better not skimp out on a surprise first-party title like this.

Back