Offical Punchout thread

Ease up there doods
Stop talking of a game that you nicked from our playgrounds
I never claimed to be the best but if you can't beat Punch-Out!! after 21 years you suck. I got that game in December, 1987 and beat it shortly after. I also beat Mr. Sandman (the title holder) in 1985.
I still havent beat it
Mainly because I cant be arsed

Until you hold a world record like I do (Monster Lair, look it up in some 1991 issues of Electronic Gaming Monthly or search the net), you really shouldn't talk about scores. I have retired from professional scoring and now just play games and collect for fun.
woot1sn8.jpg

To be fair
Some of the guys later on in the game where right buggers to beat
I dont like Mario platformers
Dose that make me a none Nintendo fan (Virtual boy fan here)?

Truth is everybody has there own likes and dislikes
Them hating one game a publisher makes dosnt make them a lesser fan

It did take me a while to beat it, that's true. Super Macho Mand and Tyson weren't easy.

And my reply to him was mostly tongue in cheek, which you can't tell on the internet. I apologize if I sounded snotty. I just never heard of anyone who didn't like the Punch-Out!! series. I myself don't like many games that were popular. Check out this thread on that:

http://www.zaponline.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=107

It did take me a while to beat it, that's true. Super Macho Mand and Tyson weren't easy.

And my reply to him was mostly tongue in cheek, which you can't tell on the internet. I apologize if I sounded snotty. I just never heard of anyone who didn't like the Punch-Out!! series. I myself don't like many games that were popular. Check out this thread on that:

http://www.zaponline.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=107
*Thinks what well known games he hates*

Ill start with Pacman
*Punches his pacman plushy*

Multiplayer details added to the first post

the mike tyson original is great. snes one was good. this one will be ok?

i'll probably buy it on release day. 6 more days?

saw a commercial today for it.

Info about how the balance board works added to the op

I'm pretty excited about this game, I tend to lean towards online stuff these days, but this is the exception
ofcourse now i have to finally get a classic controller.

Anyone remember the original Punch Out, I rarely see it mentioned.

you know the arcade version where your the green haired digital guy, i use to play that all the time at the arcade when i was little.

I'm pretty excited about this game, I tend to lean towards online stuff these days, but this is the exception
ofcourse now i have to finally get a classic controller.

Anyone remember the original Punch Out, I rarely see it mentioned.

you know the arcade version where your the green haired digital guy, i use to play that all the time at the arcade when i was little.

so....anyone get theirs yet? Today is the day. I am hoping to hear some good things.

Not yet, wont be in till this afternoon today according to my gamestop call yesterday

I am getting a good workout too. Its what you put into it. lol
And on that
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuHxfYfs9XY&[/ame]

Granted it needs more work on it (like a easyer to see screen)

Back