Official Baseball Talk

ilikecookies said:
Yanks Tigers Angles then Jays :cornut:

Yes, okay, that's something that'll work.

In the NL, we'll have
NL WEST: Dodgers (ugh, it pains me to say it)
NL CENTRAL: Cards (defending champs easily make it back)
NL EAST: Mets (pitching iffy, but hitting sure isn't)
WILD CARD: GIANTS!!! (Bonds carries the offense, Zito the pitching)

FWELR said:
Yes, okay, that's something that'll work.

In the NL, we'll have
NL WEST: Dodgers (ugh, it pains me to say it)
NL CENTRAL: Cards (defending champs easily make it back)
NL EAST: Mets (pitching iffy, but hitting sure isn't)
WILD CARD: GIANTS!!! (Bonds carries the offense, Zito the pitching)
Hell no, lol! I guess it could happen but many experts are saying the Giants will be in the basement this year. You're team has too many veterans imo. Plus, Barry is the only starting pitcher that will give good numbers. Having no Jason Schmit (sp?) will hurt you so much.

FWELR said:
"GO GIANTS!!! GO ZITO!!! BONDS WILL BREAK THE RECORD!!!!!"
Babe did it on hot dogs and beer...

anyway, I enjoy baseball, its in my blood. Either playing or watching I love it and so far the Brewers have been doing pretty good in the spring training, so we'll see from there... Milwaukee is a true baseball city.

and now for my rant:
I was told before by a dorm mate that baseball is a totally overrated sport... I just dont get it. Baseball is probably the most underrated sport, right next to ping pong. The only reason most people now-a-days dont watch baseball that much is because its not that lucrative, and roids are a bigger issue as well, so many people think its "fake". I mean look at the mark McGuire era. As he was getting closer and closer to the home run record, baseball was getting more publicity and fanbase, mostly because they wanted to cash in a home run ball on ebay, but then once it was over and roids were brought up his fame went down the toilet, along with many "fans" respect

alright, its time for me to address this:
Barry Bonds.
Now this is coming from a guy who grew up loving this guy. He was my favorite player and he was probably a lot of kids favorite player's before about 2003-04. Now he's never been very nice to the media or fans in general for that matter, and that's the reason he's going down with the sinking steroids ship (nice alliteration there, i think). But when you look at the reason why people tend to hate Bonds, it's the same reason people hate the Yankees, because they are so good. Look, Bonds alledegly started taking steroids in 1999, correct? Well, he had the numbers before that year to be a hall-of-famer in my mind. It's obvious that he took performance enhancers because nobody enters their prime at age 37, however, it's not like he was the only one. The reason people exaggerate this is because Bonds was already a superstar before he took steriods. Guys like McGuire and Sosa were good, but taking roids gave them superstar numbers. When a superstar takes performance enhancers, he goes from a superstar to the best offensive numbers in history (he's a lifetime 300 hitter and with 159 hits he'll have 3000 hits to go along with his 500+ stolen bases). Bottom line, the guy cheated, but the extent of his cheating was probably less than that of others, it has been expanded due to his hatred towards the media (ie reporter doesn't get an exclusive, he looks for dirt on the guy). That's all I've got to say about that Barry. As for the other one, 20 wins and Cy Young, baby!

Nice rant. But Bonds "cheated" ( even though there was nothing that checked for it only in the minors and even if you got chought they didnt make you sit any games out.) I also hate Sosa and McGuire, oh and you cant forget about Giambi.

FWELR said:
alright, its time for me to address this:
Barry Bonds.
Now this is coming from a guy who grew up loving this guy. He was my favorite player and he was probably a lot of kids favorite player's before about 2003-04. Now he's never been very nice to the media or fans in general for that matter, and that's the reason he's going down with the sinking steroids ship (nice alliteration there, i think). But when you look at the reason why people tend to hate Bonds, it's the same reason people hate the Yankees, because they are so good. Look, Bonds alledegly started taking steroids in 1999, correct? Well, he had the numbers before that year to be a hall-of-famer in my mind. It's obvious that he took performance enhancers because nobody enters their prime at age 37, however, it's not like he was the only one. The reason people exaggerate this is because Bonds was already a superstar before he took steriods. Guys like McGuire and Sosa were good, but taking roids gave them superstar numbers. When a superstar takes performance enhancers, he goes from a superstar to the best offensive numbers in history (he's a lifetime 300 hitter and with 159 hits he'll have 3000 hits to go along with his 500+ stolen bases). Bottom line, the guy cheated, but the extent of his cheating was probably less than that of others, it has been expanded due to his hatred towards the media (ie reporter doesn't get an exclusive, he looks for dirt on the guy). That's all I've got to say about that Barry. As for the other one, 20 wins and Cy Young, baby!
Randy Johnson, 4 Cy Youngs; Brandon Webb, 1 Cy Young from last year > Barry Zito, 1 Cy Young

maddmaxx46 said:
Randy Johnson, 4 Cy Youngs; Brandon Webb, 1 Cy Young from last year > Barry Zito, 1 Cy Young
Matt Cain = 5 future Cy Youngs
Tim Linecum = 5 more future Cy Youngs
top those 2 young guns

FWELR said:
Matt Cain = 5 future Cy Youngs
Tim Linecum = 5 more future Cy Youngs
top those 2 young guns
So you are saying they will be moving to the AL? They can't possibly win with Brandon Webb still pitching in the NL.....:hand:

Back