Official Car Thread

I can't drive because I'm 16. I will be learning next year and gathering all my money in for the great future of being poor and having sky high insurance, or like any intelligent person would do, get the car under one of their parents' names.

...My family, however, get a new car every 3 years because of mobility. They always go against my will and pick such crap like we've just received last week:

nissan20note201nw6.jpg

It screams "Help, I'm an ugly tacky family car... But apparently easy to drive." It doesn't try to be anything...

We can all dream... I'm talking to you, my future Bugatti Veyron.

LoL, the good ole family cars use = fit as many people in as possible :p, My aunties got a citreon family car it has a fridge under the seat :O, and my uncles got the worst renault family car lol, there was 7 people in the car, and well he had to get out, and the car automatically turns on security after being left alone for a while, and it has motion sensors inside the car so if someone moves there head, its starts ringing its sooooo damn annoying.

And yep frogger, everyone always gets themselves named as 2nd or 3rd driver of the car to decrease there insurance lol. What i dont like about insurance prices is how they give girls cheaper car insurance with companies like shellas wheels and diamond, and us guys have to wait till were 21 before we get cheaper car insurance :( (when i say cheap i dont mean to say like hugely low insurance XD)

MztikalAce said:
And yep frogger, everyone always gets themselves named as 2nd or 3rd driver of the car to decrease there insurance lol. What i dont like about insurance prices is how they give girls cheaper car insurance with companies like shellas wheels and diamond, and us guys have to wait till were 21 before we get cheaper car insurance :( (when i say cheap i dont mean to say like hugely low insurance XD)

It's just payback time because we bleed uncontrollably every month :p

When I'm 17, I'll probably get a Toyota Yaris, the fuel economy is fantastic and the interior is sculpted well. Great little buggy. When I'm older, I'll try to lay my hands on the real deal:

Ferrari%20348%20P1%208.jpg

Ferrari Targa

Well, I have an 86 trans am as my weekend/track car and a 240sx that I am building into an autocross/drag car. Currently collecting all the parts I need to turbocharge it. I am about $600 worth of parts away from being done.

Picture010.jpg

Picture151.jpg

Here's my ride, a MK1 Clio Versailles trim, 1.2 engine:

l_5f45712082c80479b3048aed7dd90266.jpg

Shadow Chrome Lionhart 15" alloys
Smoked side repeaters
Tevion CD/MP3 Headunit with USB/Aux input
Upgraded dash speakers, 100W each
6x9's on parcel shelf, 400W

Last edited:
Lets make a rule that you can't post an inline picture if you don't own the fukcing car. I don't want to see how you "weely want a mercedes when you are a senior in high school" crap. Links are acceptable.

Edit: Heh in my grouchy rant I forgot to say anything about cars lol.

Most recently I increased the oil capacity nearly TWO QUARTSof one of my cars by adding two remote oil filters attached to the bumper beam in front of the radiator. My guess is that the new filters have approximately 5 times the surface area of the OEM unit,,, and I'm using two. The original bypass pressure was 18 PSI on the tiny filter so I am positive it was going into partial bypass under high RPM. With the increased surface area and multiple paths Im confident that I will get fully filtered oil all the way to 7k RPM.

Not to mention the reduction in restriction will give a slight increase in horsepower. You would be surprised how hard oil is to pump. Many hardcore racers switch to bypass plates (no filtering) and electric oil pumps for this reason!

I'm using two of these behemoths http://www.pureoil.com/smartlink/?partnum=L39001

Before that I put a full set of Koni FSDs on an e39 528. They are very impressive and actually live up to the marketing hype so far. If you patient for shipping and look on the forums you can find a group buy that is ongoing and get them for about 175 each (other models are different price)

About 2 months ago I had to replace a valve on my daily driver. Hehe, I drove it at full throttle continuously for nearly 30 minutes before burning a hole through the second exhaust valve in cylinder three. I think I have a picture. The amazing thing is that the chunk (wait till you see the picture) didnt mar the piston! Amazing fact number two is that the engine has 230k miles on it and I drive it HARD all the time. Take that pansy asses

Before: (zoom in to be amazed)
http://i12.tinypic.com/4p1zqj9.jpg
After:
http://i14.tinypic.com/6cphjlh.jpg
YAY!

Last edited:
This is my 87 IROC Camaro. I absolutely love this car. As a general rule I dislike most tuner cars. Just not my thing. I love domestic V8 muscle all the way. This was my first car and still my only car, and I spend almost every cent I make on her. I am getting ready to drop in a hot little 350 soon. The big thing for me is to try and do everything myself. Anyone can spend a bunch of money and pay someone else to do it, but when you put the wrench time in yourself, it is much more special.

IMG_0076.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

smur.jpg

Scream said:
This is my 87 IROC Camaro.
Very nice. I like that generation more than the others. I will probably put a 99 Camaro engine into a 67 firebird over the summer. The tricky part is finding the right wreck to buy.
The only bad thing about the specific bird is the convertible roof and rubber frame :(

What will you do about smog when you do the swap?

Anyone can spend a bunch of money and pay someone else to do it, but when you put the wrench time in yourself, it is much more special.
Exactly. That and you can troubleshoot any issue with the car with your eyes closed and hands behind your back.

That's a beautiful Camaro you have there. I agree when you say that your car becomes more personalized and special when you do the work by hand and by yourself. Nice job.

Almost everything i'm putting in has a carb number on it. The car should easily pass smog through the tailpipe, so the only trouble I might have is the visual. It is not going to be some 9 second stomper or anything, because it is my daily driver. It is going to be in the 400 hp range roughly, which will keep it streetable and just a fun car. I just want something I can take to the track every now and then and have some fun.

I have also been burning my own PROM chips for the TPI. It is actually pretty fun getting into the vast and complicated computer controled aspects of it.

Scream: I know something you would find cool. My pseudo brother in law works for GM in Michigan and designs a part of new vehicles. I don't know his exact job title but an example is that he designed how the dash fits with the firewall and wiring and stearing column on the current full size trucks. (how exciting)

THEN my sort of uncle designs the heads for a GM nitro dragster. He is able to get crate engines at crazy cheap prices (considered it for a swap before deciding to go the wrecker route). The current car is also sponsored by skoal (bleck)

Have you ever considered forced induction for your Slowmaro?

If you are able to modify fuel injections maps on your car then an import wouldn't be hard for you at all. The subaru 2.5 liter turbo engine is pretty interesting. It even won international engine of the year (all makes/models/types and countries) for 2.0 to 2.5 liters

What year of car will you build the engine swap as? Wont you have to change the other emission equipment to match the engine spec? (Im used to ****ing carb requirements)

Last edited:
I have a 98 Jeep Wrangler that I am in the process of tearing down. I will have a Corporate 14-bolt rear end (locked), and a Dana 60 Front w/kingpins (locked as well). I am building the axles in the garage. I have a full roll cage, 35x14.5r15 Interco Super Swamper Boggers on 15x10 Allied Rock-8 Beadlocks. Just to start. It is a toy. An expensive toy, but a toy nonetheless.

http://www.dakuda.com/jeep -- No new pictures for while, but that is how it used to look.

photo22.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo36.jpg

photo142.jpg

I also have an 03 Accord, for commuting. I do no modifications for that. It is a car to get to work and back.

I have had many cars, but I do miss my 73 Dodge Challenger with the 340 Four Barrel. That car was fun.

Last edited:
Back