Official Car Thread

ciper said:
Scream: I know something you would find cool. My pseudo brother in law works for GM in Michigan and designs a part of new vehicles. I don't know his exact job title but an example is that he designed how the dash fits with the firewall and wiring and stearing column on the current full size trucks. (how exciting)

THEN my sort of uncle designs the heads for a GM nitro dragster. He is able to get crate engines at crazy cheap prices (considered it for a swap before deciding to go the wrecker route). The current car is also sponsored by skoal (bleck)

Have you ever considered forced induction for your Slowmaro?

If you are able to modify fuel injections maps on your car then an import wouldn't be hard for you at all. The subaru 2.5 liter turbo engine is pretty interesting. It even won international engine of the year (all makes/models/types and countries) for 2.0 to 2.5 liters

What year of car will you build the engine swap as? Wont you have to change the other emission equipment to match the engine spec? (Im used to ****ing carb requirements)

Well it would be different if I was going to put in say a 383, since they were never offered for the Camaro in 87. Since however, I am going from a 305 to a 350, and since 305s were available in 87s, I am good to go as long as I retain all the original smog equipment. If I wanted to put a modern LS1 in there then I would have to take it to a smog ref and it just gets to be crazy California BS from there on.

They don't seem to care if a new engine runs cleaner then the older one...

Anyway, it is very easy to pass smog as long as your car has a good cat, and proper fuel control. As long as the car is in closed loop status (going rich, lean, rich, lean, etc..) then the emissions out the tail pipe will be very low.

I might put a super charger on the Camaro sometime in the future, but I will wait and see.

Also, sounds like you have some cool family! I'm trying to think... Skoal is Prudhomme's team... which driver?

Scream said:
Well it would be different if I was going to put in say a 383, since they were never offered for the Camaro in 87. Since however, I am going from a 305 to a 350,
Ohhhhh

Yeah we plan to go pretty much stock. It will be FAR better than the 230 cubic inch it has. I swear the thing only has about 100hp and only gets 12mpg. The plan is fast and reliable.

Also, sounds like you have some cool family! I'm trying to think... Skoal is Prudhomme's team... which driver?
I have no idea. Honestly I have little interest in that side of motorsports. I get invited to stuff and I mostly go to see the cars worked on in the back. Rally is my thing.

Scream said:
This is my 87 IROC Camaro. I absolutely love this car. As a general rule I dislike most tuner cars. Just not my thing. I love domestic V8 muscle all the way. This was my first car and still my only car, and I spend almost every cent I make on her. I am getting ready to drop in a hot little 350 soon. The big thing for me is to try and do everything myself. Anyone can spend a bunch of money and pay someone else to do it, but when you put the wrench time in yourself, it is much more special.

Hey that's a hot roc you got there.. It looks familiar, too. Well, the seats, really. Did you post about them on TGO a while back?

What's TGO?

Scream: I like everything about the car except the stearing wheel. What type of rockers are those? Have you considered heat wrapping or ceramic coating the headers?

TGO is a website for owners of third gen f bodys. (82-92 Camaro's and Firebirds)

The rockers are comp cams and 1.5s... The headers I got from Jet Hot, so they are already coated.

Black 06 Renault Megane Coupe-Cabriolet 2.0t.

meh - I put a small chip in the door bumping it into a wall at my work the other day.. so p*ssed at myself. Another £80 odds down the drain of stupidity...

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Black 06 Renault Megane Coupe-Cabriolet 2.0t.

meh - I put a small chip in the door bumping it into a wall at my work the other day.. so p*ssed at myself. Another £80 odds down the drain of stupidity...
You drive a french car? :lol:

Why not buy a container of touch up paint from the dealer and fill the chip yourself?

I also drive a French car and can't stand the French. Clio's are very reliable, done over 104K on the clock, just had it serviced and everything is fine!

Okayy.. Well I'm only 16.. so I'm not really thinking of buying a car.. BUT!! I'm thinking that when I'm older I'll be buying either a Mazda RX-8 or a lovely Lotus Exige... which one?! Or any recommendations?

MztikalAce said:
Oh snap, Smurf that is like the best car ever, as long as it isnt a american model with driver seat being on the messed up left side, and the engine runs, i would so drive that. Then i see some random street kid jump on me and throw me out of the doorless car as i forgot to put the seat belts on.

Anyhu what do you guys think of the peagot 206
Peugeot_206_6.jpg
WOOP I'M NOT THE ONLY FAN OF 206's :D
First car I'm gonna get:
206black-katana5.jpeg

Starting driving lessons in October :)

Celestial said:
Okayy.. Well I'm only 16.. so I'm not really thinking of buying a car.. BUT!! I'm thinking that when I'm older I'll be buying either a Mazda RX-8 or a lovely Lotus Exige... which one?! Or any recommendations?
Why not the esprit? The RX-8 would definitely be cheaper to maintain...

How many of you get annoyed by the guys who pull HP numbers out of their behind after modifying their car. "Yeah it has 450HP right now" and you wonder where the dyno sheet to prove it is.

Double Post or maybe bump send a notification to those who subscribed.

Don't let this thread die. By far it was the most enjoyable yet!

Back