Official Control Discussion

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
Official Controller Discussion

To stop having a mass of controller based threads lets keep the discussion all together here.

I will be using the gamecube controller, how about you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to first try out the Remote and Nunchuck, then the Classic. I'm probably going to end up returning to the good ol' Gamecube controller eventually, though.

I'm arguing to use either the Gamecube (never realy played Melee) or the Classic.

man i was going to use the wiimote + nunchuck cause my brother was going to use the only gc controller we have
now im sad after looking at that website =p

mushroomedmario said:
i'm just going to use my cube controls....

Agreed. I'll experiment with other controls though.

As for the classic controller I think I maybe remap the controls to have L as grab and R as shield since the RZ and LZ buttons are a bit of a stretch. Whats everyone else think.

I'm gunna try all the controls out before i decide.
Unfortunaly i don't have a classic controler. (never did like the thought of connecting it to the wii mote)

I'm going to try out the wiimote and nunchuk in single player, but use the gamecube controller online.

Telozaki said:
I'm going to try out the wiimote and nunchuk in single player, but use the gamecube controller online.

Thats not a good idea, because if you practice entirely on one controller, you will be very good at it. If you vary between controllers, you won't be your best at both of them.

GC Controller and Classic Controller are the best, only bad thing is that Classic Controller is much too small, making it awkward for some players.

GC Controller is the easiest, best controller for Brawl.

WM+N and WM are bad controllers because SSBB requires fast movements and reflexes, and the buttons on the WM are MUCH to far apart. Also, to preform the final smash, you need to shake your nunchuk in that direction, and you can easily mess up doing this. Also, for the WM alone... - and + are much to far away from your fingers and since you will be pushing buttons very fast, you will be pausing accidently half the time. Also, it is very difficult to press A+B at the same time since on the side, they are not equal.

Back