Official Control Discussion

Ok here's a new one (I think) for you guys...

I've customized a couple items on my controls and created a "Name" for the customized setup. Do you have to select that profile each time you turn the game on or switch between gameplay modes (i.e. between versus and adventure mode)? Is there anyway to make the profile I created the default?

I'm using the classic controller, it's just as good as the Gamecube controller IMO and it's sorta wireless.

klsrc said:
Ok here's a new one (I think) for you guys...

I've customized a couple items on my controls and created a "Name" for the customized setup. Do you have to select that profile each time you turn the game on or switch between gameplay modes (i.e. between versus and adventure mode)? Is there anyway to make the profile I created the default?

Yes...all you do is press under your character in character select where it is says player 1 and choose yours...takes about 3 seconds.

Wii-Fi said:
:lol: I'm just so bad with the joystick! Dude this wiimote is amazin!

Then you probably don't fight very well with it, because I doubt you can press buttons that fast with WM.

I played the Classic Controller at the NYC official tournament (reason 1 I lost the first round). It's confusing as the movement button is below your taunt button. and the Z button is about this O big. (I am not kidding.) It's nearly impossible to reach. The sideways Wiimote is better, but abuse of jumping (up on the D pad) gave me a few blisters. The Wiimote + Nunchuck works well with the game, but I prefer the GameCube controller (especialy since I still have a cast on.)

wiimote + nunchuck kicks ass, no contest. I'm 20 and I beat my 18 year old brother (who knows melee like the back of his hand) and he was using his GC. That website is horrifically bias, his argument is pretty much that because your hands are free to move, buttons are less likely to be hit accurately. I guess he didnt release that your fingers are always on the buttons, unlike the classic/GC where your fingers are required to move across a flat joystick, infact causing extra time between attacks.

GET USED TO NOT THROWING YOUR WIIMOTE AROUND. Seriously, I wanted to beat pikachu in the FACE, but a B button mash fest is cool with me.

Sparx said:
Then you probably don't fight very well with it, because I doubt you can press buttons that fast with WM.
no i'm pretty good, i haven't played online too much but i've gotten mostly 2nd and 1st place. I'm IKE so i don't combo. ever. plus with the d-pad taps are way easier and with button jumps going left and right in the air to attack is faster than the joystick. so there.

Wii-Fi said:
no i'm pretty good, i haven't played online too much but i've gotten mostly 2nd and 1st place. I'm IKE so i don't combo. ever. plus with the d-pad taps are way easier and with button jumps going left and right in the air to attack is faster than the joystick. so there.
suit yourself. I do wanna play you though. But I wanna wait till they get more servers.

Sparx said:

In that link it says that wii mote and nunchuck are hoorible. just to let u know thats bull crap. It is far from unakward and responsive and where it says "your hands are all over the place..." that alone makes the whole paragraph bull crap.

It says that brawl requires fast thinking and reaction. the wiimote and nunchuck make it easy to react quickly. So overall the wii mote and nunchuck IS a good controller for the game. Of course this is all just imo

Agreed with above, the remote/nunchuk combo isn't nearly as bad as a lot of people think. I played brawl for the first time ever, with that setup, at the Gamestop tournament and I won four straight before losing. If you know what Smash is and how things work, it's fine. The guy that wrote that review probably just sucks at Smash in general.

I played with my GC controller and the wii remote+nunchuck. They both feel equally comfortable to me, but i'm going to play with the wii remote+nunchucks simply because i spent 60 dollars for each set. Going to get use of all 4.

Back