Official DBZ Budokai - Post Your Characters!

Xepher__

Stepmania God
Nov 21, 2006
Canada
Wii Online Code
0529-9620-6806-4914
For those of you who have DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2, feel free to share some of your character builds, and battle strategies!

After learning that all the skills cap out at 20 (I over stacked a few characters and noticed no improvements), I'm now making some pretty cool characters, like my "caster-type" Krillin, who can dodge like mad, and throw destructo discs that do 21,000 dmg.

For a joke I maxed out Master Roshi's speed and defence, with a small amount of life, and he can't seem to be killed yet...Although he cant really kill others that well either lol..

Uh, so you can control defense, speed, attack, and special and all that shiz with this game? If so, they better add online support for this game. If they do, this game will rock so hardcore! I'll be getting this game anyways because I'm an longtime dragon ball fan.

Well you cant make your own character persay, but you can take all the characters you've unlocked and equip them with up to 8 items. Items such as health +5, ultimate blast +10, attack +5, speed +5, and even some items that have combinations.

I'm only 32% through the story mode (in which you unlock the most things), and its really damn good. The game is basically a mix between 3d fighter, and RPG, since you start with lvl 1 items, and have to gain experience while wearing them to lvl them up....

Once you get an item to lvl 5, you can buy that item at lvl 5 as many times as you can afford, the same with lvl 10, and 15 (for some items) I believe..

Although getting items to lvl slows down like every RPG..

Still it's DBZ, it rocks.

Xepher_ I'll be adding you to my Wii, not too often I find another DBZ fan.

I rented this game and after getting use to the controls. I can tell you that this must be in your library if your a Dragonball fan like myself.

JDK721 said:
This game looks like a good one, should I get it?

Ever watched DBZ? If so than yes. However, it is said to be one of the better launch titles right now. You really much see the videos where they have the players showing the controls. Truly awesome.

xbandaidx said:
Ever watched DBZ? If so than yes. However, it is said to be one of the better launch titles right now. You really much see the videos where they have the players showing the controls. Truly awesome.
Some people may not like the controls, so they made an option of using the GC control :).

If you don't like throwing beams with your hands, youre a truly wierd DBZ fan..

Xepher__ said:
If you don't like throwing beams with your hands, youre a truly wierd DBZ fan..
Its not really a beam, its kinda more of a wave/blast.

I have a quick question. Will speed increase your ability to teleport? Because whenever I try to teleport it only works about 50% of the time, and I'm doing it right. Or maybe defense?

Fraid not about the instant trans...

And about the teleport, thats mostly an attribute of speed. Its not actually a teleport, its supposed to be the character moving so fast it looks like a teleport. I advise you to use down on the d-pad to block, rather than pointing off screen.

To "teleport" you have to designate a direction (left or right usually), while youre in hand to hand combat, and not getting pounded. When youre ready to move, just make sure youre punching your enemy and then quickly hold left or right on the joystick and press down on the d-pad, this will usually take you right behind them.

When it comes to "teleporting" away from skills, it really just has to do with timing. If you see a beam flying at you, hold left or right and press down on the d-pad right before it hits you. If its an animate skill (usually an ultimate), you need to press down on the d-pad pretty much as soon as the animation starts. Alot of it is timing, and i haven't mastered it myself yet, ive only had the game for a few days, just trying using down on d-pad to block regularly while holding a direction on the joystick, and it should happen in your favour.

Do you know how to do the teleport smashes?

Back