Official EV Training Thread.

No you wont, 255 divided by 4 is 63, with 3 left over, so even with 255 in 1 stat you'll only get the same as 252.

Where is the best place to EV train HP, Attack, and Sp. Def? I wanna kno where cuz you just said where for each one, I wanna know a place where all three combined are

One question:

I already got what EV means, but IV's are a bit more complicated: I have a new hapinny just hatched, now, how I know that the IV's are in the right way? I used the IV calculator, but I still don't get it.

Arcadium said:
One question:

I already got what EV means, but IV's are a bit more complicated: I have a new hapinny just hatched, now, how I know that the IV's are in the right way? I used the IV calculator, but I still don't get it.

Theres
http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml

nintendo forums said:
Individual Values (IVs)

Q: What are IVs?
A: Individual or Diversification Values (IVs or DVs, two names for the same thing) are points that act as a Pokemon's "genes." Every Pokemon has a number between 0 and 31 for each of its stats (HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed) that is hidden from the person playing the game. Every single Pokemon has different IVs, even two Pokemon of the same species. They can never be changed.

Q: How do IVs influence stats?
A: Simply put, the better your IVs, the better your Pokemon's stats. Ever notice how some Pokemon just seem to have an easier time in battles than others? Maybe you raised one Pikachu in a game. Then, starting a new game and catching a new Pikachu, you felt it performed better. The explanation? IVs. Every Pokemon within a species is identical upon catching them besides their IVs. At level 100, an IV equates to 1 stat point added to that stat. So if you have 31s across the board, you will have a very powerful Pokemon.

Q: How do you determine IVs?
A: First of all, you need to check them out before you start training. If you don't, your EVs will influence your stats, making it impossible to determine IVs unless you kept track of your EVs. Anyway, what you do is this. Make sure your Pokemon is at least at level 20. Record all of their stats. If they were hatched from and egg, save the game, use about 15 Rare Candies on it, record the stats, then shut off the game without saving. If you don't have that many Rare Candies, you'll have to train them. Big pain, because you'll have to keep track of EVs as well.

On normal accounts, you want to aim to get high numbers [such as 31 which is the highest you can get].
To make sure your iv's are correct, have someone go on wifi and get into a level 100 single/double battle. You can check the stats there, and since it's at level 100, its 100% accurate. Hope this helped since I'd have a hard time explaining it further.

Arcadium said:
One question:

At lvl 1 u cant check the IV's accurately, the best thing to do is to do a lvl 100 single battle and record the stats of the happiny at lvl 100. Then go to an IV Calculator and stats the pokemon is lvl 100 and just put the figures into the calculator, then u get ur IV's.

This IV Calculator has ben updated to included chracteristics

http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/OnlineProgram/Calculators/IV.aspx

Also if u are looking for 31 IV's in one stat, the best way to find this out is to look at the pokemons characteristic.
The 6 u want to learn are

31HP: Often dozes off
31ATK: Likes to thrash about
31DEF: Capable of taking hits
31SAT: Mischievous
31SDF: Somewhat vain
31SPD: Alert to sounds

bump

Slimi said:
Where is the best place to EV train HP, Attack, and Sp. Def? I wanna kno where cuz you just said where for each one, I wanna know a place where all three combined are

Slimi said:
HP, a male tuber near sunyshore has 3 gastrondon, so +2 each.
Also a fisherman near sunnyshore has 2 garydoses, so +2 attack each OR the luxio tranier there.
Special d, ninja in foggy area near pastoria town has a dustox, so +3 each time

Ayo said:
HP, a male tuber near sunyshore has 3 gastrondon, so +2 each.
Also a fisherman near sunnyshore has 2 garydoses, so +2 attack each OR the luxio tranier there.
Special d, ninja in foggy area near pastoria town has a dustox, so +3 each time
btu i need to know 1 place where all three, like attack and speed grass below lost tower staravia and starly +1 and +2 and bibarels +2 attack

Slimi said:
btu i need to know 1 place where all three, like attack and speed grass below lost tower staravia and starly +1 and +2 and bibarels +2 attack
Good luck with that, the most you'd get is attack and speed evs. The easiest place for special defense ev's is tentacool/tentacruel, or the ninja guy ayo mentioned. Finding good special defense evs is ridiculously hard to find

I dont understand EV training which is probably y i get owned alot by Starmies and other pokemon so can so of u give me advise on EV training and if ur pokemon r lv 100 r u still able 2 EV train them

Back