Official EV Training Thread.

Reaper12324 said:
actuall the best way to use a dragonite is to EV train it in atk and sp def. you EV its sp def so it can survivre an ice beam/

does anyone know a good EV spread for a modest togekiss?

252 in special attack, 150 sp def 100 speed and 8 hp (it can last long 2 ice beams and thunderbolts before it faints)

200 special attack 200 sp def 110 speed. ( can last long can 2 or 3 max ice beams and thunderbolts etc. before it faints)

252 special attack and 252 sp def / speed

thats all i can think of since its modest nature. the decision its all upto you.

massi4h said:
EVs are added earlier, but take a lesser effect. For instance if a pokemon is at level 50 it's stats are basically half of it's stats at level 100. Therefore it's EVs will only have half as much effect. So when you get even lower the gap is smaller. It's not exactly half at level 50, but its the basic theory.
so you want to EV train as soon as you hatch the pokemon?

PokeChamp said:
so you want to EV train as soon as you hatch the pokemon?

the thing is its upto if you either Ev in the beginning or Ev it later on. its all the same once it reaches lvl 100 it will reach max stat on the stat you EV it. And massiah is right.

kyouh said:
252 in special attack, 150 sp def 100 speed and 8 hp (it can last long 2 ice beams and thunderbolts before it faints)

200 special attack 200 sp def 110 speed. ( can last long can 2 or 3 max ice beams and thunderbolts etc. before it faints)

252 special attack and 252 sp def / speed

thats all i can think of since its modest nature. the decision its all upto you.
i ended up using a spread of

252 sp atk/ 126 hp/ 126 sp def. and it has worked very well.

Reaper12324 said:
i ended up using a spread of

252 sp atk/ 126 hp/ 126 sp def. and it has worked very well.

i forgot to add that up...shame on me when my Togekiss is EV that way -.-'

kyouh said:
i forgot to add that up...shame on me when my Togekiss is EV that way -.-'
i also have a calm one with this EV spread

252 hp/ 126 def/ 126/ sp def 6 sp atk/ is use it a nasty plot baton passer, but sometimes if the person doesnt know how to kill the togekiss I dont bother with the baton pass.

Reaper12324 said:
i also have a calm one with this EV spread

252 hp/ 126 def/ 126/ sp def 6 sp atk/ is use it a nasty plot baton passer, but sometimes if the person doesnt know how to kill the togekiss I dont bother with the baton pass.

i know that 1 too, if that happens youll have 1 nasty togekiss lol but since my togekiss has modest nature i had to go with 252 sp atak 126 hp 126 sp def.

anyway know good Ev spread for a gliscor?

kyouh said:
i know that 1 too, if that happens youll have 1 nasty togekiss lol but since my togekiss has modest nature i had to go with 252 sp atak 126 hp 126 sp def.

anyway know good Ev spread for a gliscor?
what nature? if its adamant go for\ 252 atk/ 126 def and 126 hp/

if its has a nature that raises def go with 252 def/ 126 atk/ 126 hp/

Reaper12324 said:
what nature? if its adamant go for\ 252 atk/ 126 def and 126 hp/

if its has a nature that raises def go with 252 def/ 126 atk/ 126 hp/

got admant. hmmm yeah ill go with the 1st choice then.

Hey quick question:

If I EV trained a PKMN, and the EV training is done, then if I want to reach lvl 100, I can kill any PKMN now without any effect?

Slimi said:
what should I EV train a dragonite and wobbuffet in?

Dragonite:
EVs: 252 Atk / 180 Spd / 76 SAtk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk) / Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)

Wobbufet
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

Last edited:
Yes. After you've reached 510 EVs (get the effort ribbon in sunnyshore first to confirm), you can then fight whatever you want.

getting a good wobbofett is hard, what u really want to do is get 31 IV's in Special defence, defence and Hp. Im not sure how to spreed the EV's for it doe, ask massi4h, but it will take u a few days of breeding to get the IVs but in the end it will be worth it

it depend if u want it to b ur physical wall or an attacker

For A physical wall u want to have a Impish or Adamant nature and EV:252Hp / 6 Attack / 252 Defence

For attacking purposes u want an adamant nature and EV: 6 Hp / 252 Attack / 252 Speed OR 252 Hp/ 252 Attack / 6 Defence

Back