official - get excite truck for christmas thread

seen a few video reviews that say there isnt much to the game and will get boring very fast.

lewt said:
seen a few video reviews that say there isnt much to the game and will get boring very fast.

not so...jamming out to your own music while you race is a really nice feature also

i have playing this game pretty hard and still have not even unlocked "mirror mode"

the game is a lot of things...boring not being one of them :)

is it defo worth getting then? as reviews havnt given it great ratings, but you cannot always trust these websites.

lewt said:
is it defo worth getting then? as reviews havnt given it great ratings, but you cannot always trust these websites.

def. worth getting imho

i could not decide to get this or not as the races are done on points? i always think racing games should just be whos wins the race lol, does the points system with performing stunts etc work well?

lewt said:
i could not decide to get this or not as the races are done on points? i always think racing games should just be whos wins the race lol, does the points system with performing stunts etc work well?

ahh...but you get points ("stars") for what place you finish as well.

you get 50 stars for first, 25 for second, etc. 6th place will land you 0.

you will not get any S ratings on "super excite" mode unless you finish first (pretty much hopeless otherwise).

k m8 thanks for clearing this up, its not out in uk until after xmas, so i may possibly pick it up then. I realy want a good racing game, as i love the idea of tilting the controller to turn. I always tilt the controller on racing games even though is does not make a difference, but now it does :) so i wont look like a prat.

errm i want this game bad but it aint out in the uk :( can sum1 tell me if the wii is region locked or can i import it??

I like this game but it isn't worth buying. I only played it for a little over an hour at the kiosks in EBgames before the Wii came out and it got boring pretty fast.

This game is worth ATLEAST a rent. It's one of the best racing games I've played. I usually am not interested in racing games unless you feel like you are going really fast - and this is what Excite Truck does. It's very cool. I'm getting this for Christmas along with Zelda and my actual Wii. :D Can't wait!

bigpileofwii said:
Is there any replayabilty once you have beaten all the races and challenge series?

Yes.

This game will only get boring if you have no friends or only one wiimote. If you have friends and more than one wiimote the game will not get boring. I was playing multi-player with my friends for hours(3) today. Single player it is alright. Eventualy it does get challanging so it is not a game you can do in a few hours.

Back