Official Graphics Comments & Criticism

The_Loose_Cannon said:
anyways! great idea for a thread, not only will it help me attempt graphic design but it will enlighten other members to try it too and critique (the right way without spam) others too.
That was the idea of it. :) Hopefully this will become a big enough reason to get our own section....

I'm determined!
Prez said:
Well I was using photoshop, and I was only halfway through that shadow project. I stopped because i got bored and I didn't really have a knack for it.
I guess that's a whole different thing...I guess if you don't enjoy it, it's not worth doing. But, I digress, beginner's tutorials are VERY TEDIOUS. I almost quit, but my mentor kept telling me to keep on truckin'; lo' and behold, I love it now. One of my favorite things to do.

Nice to see you too Ssbb Lover ! :)

Yeah, looked up some tutorials and then I get feedback on another forum.

wiicanchangetheworld said:
Nice to see you too Ssbb Lover ! :)

Yeah, looked up some tutorials and then I get feedback on another forum.
Nice, well it looks like you've surpassed me in all aspects of sig making. :tard: You're gonna have to become my mentor. :lol:

Lol, You should see them on the other Forum I am on, they are really really good. :)

Your sig looks good BTW.

wiicanchangetheworld said:
Lol, You should see them on the other Forum I am on, they are really really good. :)

Your sig looks good BTW.
Thx, it's old though. Ill make a new one soon. :)

all the sigs look cool and prez yours is great what are you on about

can someone please point me to some good sites where there are tutorials to make sigs at ssbb_lover, prez and wiicanchangetheworld standard

thanks

@con77: Try the gamerenders.com forums.
I've improved a lot since I last posted some gfx. My newests (rate/comment)(in order from newest->oldest):
pharrellpd5.png

wariomofse8.png

dmc2vi3.png

ssj1ahe6.png

fallwj0.png

khriz2ov2.png

koflq7.png

villain2ve5.png

emerald1vd5.png

silver4ajb9.png

narutomovie2cyn5.png

Phew... that's about 1 month's worth.
A graphics section would, once again, kick major ass.

KCBlack said:
@con77: Try the gamerenders.com forums.
I've improved a lot since I last posted some gfx. My newests (rate/comment)(in order from newest->oldest):
pharrellpd5.png

wariomofse8.png

dmc2vi3.png

ssj1ahe6.png

fallwj0.png

khriz2ov2.png

koflq7.png

villain2ve5.png

emerald1vd5.png

silver4ajb9.png

narutomovie2cyn5.png

Phew... that's about 1 month's worth.
A graphics section would, once again, kick major ass.
*hugs KC Black* :lol:

It seriously would kick ass, tis why I started all this!

You've gotten really good, KC! :eek:

ssbb_lover said:
*hugs KC Black* :lol:

It seriously would kick ass, tis why I started all this!

You've gotten really good, KC! :eek:
Lol thanks. Guess hanging around gamerenders has whipped me into shape. @_@

KCBlack said:
Lol thanks. Guess hanging around gamerenders has whipped me into shape. @_@
Do you think someone of my level could get better using that site, or do you have to be really good before you start doing tuts there?

ssbb_lover said:
Do you think someone of my level could get better using that site, or do you have to be really good before you start doing tuts there?
Well just to make it known, I've NEVER used a tut in my life. I've peeped at them here and there, but never actually made a sig using one. I'm about originality and self-taught skills. However, the tuts there are pretty good, and can teach a lot. Just watch out for becoming non-original and becoming a tut-whore. But yeah, if you want good tuts and honest - sometimes harsh - criticism, gamerenders is a good place to start.

KCBlack said:
Well just to make it known, I've NEVER used a tut in my life. I've peeped at them here and there, but never actually made a sig using one. I'm about originality and self-taught skills. However, the tuts there are pretty good, and can teach a lot. Just watch out for becoming non-original and becoming a tut-whore. But yeah, if you want good tuts and honest - sometimes harsh - criticism, gamerenders is a good place to start.
I guess i'll come out as well....i've only use 2 tuts in my life. One was the 1st time I used photoshop, making this:
sniper_sigcopy.jpg

And the other, to make the bg in this one:
Naruto_DRDCT_titled.jpg

Everything else is self-taught. ^_^ I'm kind of proud, but sometimes it feels like it's halted my progress towards becoming amazing, when I could be rapidly growing by using tuts. I don't know, i guess i'm just being paranoid about it.

well i started to make an easter sig and while doing so i realized how bad i am at photoshop now :( im sad to say that this took me about 40 min to make :(

Easter-Sig.jpg

Back